Ay up from Canada

Hi all,

Just wanted to introduce myself I'm Steve, born and bred in Nottingham and grew up in daybrook

recently moved to Canada and loving it, but there's still a part of Notts in me that will Never die.

Strangely enough I still experience what Notts folk know as Goose fair weather feeling despite being 4000 miles away.

• Upvote 1

Welcome Stevie and can assure you there are some great people and topics on here.

Hi Stevie, Welcome to Nottstalgia. "The Goose Fair Weather" feeling and saying will stay with you forever Miduck. Even my West Midlands husband say's it in his almost believable fake Nottingham Accent. Have fun on Nottstalgia. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Hi Stevie. Welcome aboard. I grew up in Netherfield, moved to Toronto, then Calgary, followed by Edmonton. Finally here in Georgia USA. I loved Canada and still do. Long story. Hope you keep posting.

Great place, stevie. Passed through it a few times on the trip between the US and my kids near Edmonton. Plenty of room there. The joke used to be, "will the last one to leave Saskatchewan please turn the lights out." Main industry was wheat farming, but I believe the oil industry has gained some ground there now.

Couple of big potash mines there too Dave.

Just wondered 'Loppy' have you or anyone else now living in North America visited Nottingham Island ?

Too big to forget about Dave, the newest is huge in terms of output per year, and nearly as deep as the UK's Boulby potash mine. There's a couple of videos on youtube, one of them is a time lapse video of one of the head towers being constructed of concrete. Done in record time too.

Used to know a couple of lads from Saskatchewan when I was living out in Oman, also have some family out that way, and in Vancouver, Visited my aunt and Uncle out in Lower Nicola about 15 years ago now. Absolutely loved it over there and hope to visit my cousin in Vancouver again sometime in the next few years...we have had a horse drive planned since my last visit. (Though I'll probably be too rickety by then to get onboard!!)

• 1 month later...

Yes ta Michael,.............and tut tut 'Loppy' of little faith, :biggrin:

• Upvote 1
  • 9 months later...