Despite the number of members going up,the number of 'Posts' seem to be dropping,just wondered if you all had any thoughts on this ?

The political thing obviously had an affect,but i would'nt have thought that alone would have made such a difference.I raise the question because ive enjoyed my year on the 'Forum' and want to see it flourish,so this is not a moan,i'm trying to be constructive.

• Upvote 7
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As I've stated elsewhere, I came across this site whilst searching Annesley and Colwick railway depots. I also noticed my old mate Rob237 (RIP) had posted , so I investigated further and was instantly

I found this site nearly 3 months ago when I was googling 'sledging on Breckhill Fields' as I'm sort-of writing down what I remember of my life for my kids/grandkids. I just thought I didn't want all

I joined in January and this site is brilliant. New members are being welcomed regularly. As a recently joined member there is so much to read on all the threads that it is taking me a while to explor

I had noticed it was abit quiet lately benjamin. It has happened before, then all of a sudden it gets busy again. Ithink we must all go through our quiet moments at the same time, causing a slump in posts. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

With a general election on the horizon & not being able to make poitical comments doesn't help. Having said that, I am not griping about that BEFORE any mod wants to jump in !

Could be lighter nights drawing in luring members to thier local Wetherspoons !

• Upvote 2

I hadn't noticed anything unusual in the number of posts. As carni says, there are busy times and quieter days. I don't think there are fewer posts than in the past. Looking at the bottom of the Home Page 79 people have logged on in the past 24 hours; that's a fairly normal rate of activity.

Quantity doesn't equal quality, and in the past we've seen occasions where a large number of posts have been generated by a small number of people who want to be the centre of attention.

• Upvote 4

LOL,...........i noticed that cliff ton........especially looking back at the very early days of the 'Forum'

Cheeky sod catfan,..........i just happened to mention the 'DRIZZLE' in Bulwell a couple of times,...lol.

• Upvote 1

Sounds daft Den but you could have something there,because wherever i go now around Notts i am reminded of Nottstalgia in some way.

• Upvote 2

Nooooo Den, there's plenty more to discover, rediscover or regurgitate on this wonderful site......

Plans to be made for summer picnic, arguments to be had over which day, month , year !!!!!!!

Topics about leeks, leaks, what you were doing millennium night , who were you living with millennium night , past misdemeanors future misdemeanors...etc etc !!!!LOL

• Upvote 8

I've been busy lately. LOL

Also the so called ban on politics has had a negative effec I think.

• Upvote 3

Thats what I wanted to hear 'hippo girl'.............must be plenty of 'Juicy bits' out there, lol.

• Upvote 2

When someone starts a new topic asking "for example what you don't see anymore" and proceeds to answer the question themselves by making a bloody great list not leaving anything left for others to post, (my opinion)

Rog

• Upvote 4

Hippogirl, What have you done. That is the next three hours sorted out, with my sofa lost in a mountain of Photograph Albums.

Millenium Night did you say :faint: Can't possibly show you those photographs slywink

• Upvote 3

When someone starts a new topic asking "for example what you don't see anymore" and proceeds to answer the question themselves by making a bloody great list not leaving anything left for others to post, (my opinion)

Rog

Why not ? If someone asks the question why not answer it, even giving multiple answers is not a crime is it ?????? (my opinion)

• Upvote 1

I joined in January and this site is brilliant. New members are being welcomed regularly. As a recently joined member there is so much to read on all the threads that it is taking me a while to explore all of it and I guess this is the same for others as they join. I have learned a lot and experienced happy memories. The quality of posts is excellent and it is quality that counts not quantity. Lets be positive!

• Upvote 9

Over the years I've been on forums, I've noticed as spring comes, so do members posting slack off, people tend to get busy when the weather starts getting warmer and spend more time outdoors.

• Upvote 1