What were you doing Millenium Night and with who ?

We had a Party with some Family and Neighbors from two houses each side and from across the road. It was a great night every one dancing and in happy moods. The Wine was flowing freely, and I was having my fair share as well!

Usually when a lot of people get together in a small area, a few breakages happen, but this time there was none. If I can get my granddaughter to scan for me I will put just a couple of pics on, to share the happy Atmosphere.

We rented a suite at a hotel in San Diego for 2 weeks, taking then 3yr old grandson with us. Friends came over from UK also spending 2 weeks. Millennium night we all gathered on our balcony overlooking Mission Bay, and watched the fireworks of Sea World.

In bed with the missus, fast asleep.

I climbed onto the roof and watched the fireworks at the villages around the coast. I live just a few miles from the East and North coasts and so had a panoramic view of most of the Caithness fireworks simultaneously.

I was at a party at a big house on Clumber Crescant, the Park area in Nottingham celebrating all night........We all went down to the Market Square to join in the fun and fireworks for a while..........was freezin cold....a good time had by all........very enjoyable.............

Not a clue, so it couldn't have impressed me much !!!!!!

• Upvote 1

As Johnny Logan sang.............. It's Just Another Year.!!!!!!!

I wanted, so wanted to be in front of the Pompidou Centre watching that clock running backwards, but common sense and lack of nerve stopped me, what a stupid idea, cant speak French and what chance of a bed to go to? And then got the worst chest cold ever, staggered at 11.45 to the Trent where you can see 5 miles of horizon behind Nottingham and watched a Zillion pounds worth of firecrackers go off in 10 minutes, staggered home at 12.15. So evaded death again and saw fireworks the Parisians may dream about. But I bet Caithness was better, dark up there like we never see in Notty.

• Upvote 2

We had a great unplanned gathering with neighbours. Just natural, relaxed, fun and a few drinks.

I thought of all the rubbish about the "Millenium bug" and as I expected nothing went wrong with the computers or the video recorder (remember then!) so it was all a big sales con.