My Bank that cares about me..

kickme Walked into my bank today, about midday, as usual i had to wait in a queue to be served, this isn't unusual for this time of day..

now you would think that by now the parties to be would realise that midday onwards is a busy time what with other businesses employees taking there dinner hours some twelve to one and the others one to two.

There was about six people infront of me waiting, i thought, do i want to wait or should i fill in one of those forms and post it with my cheque, no i will wait.

getting to the tellers window after a couple of minutes wait i was greeted with

"you could have filled in one of those forms and saved yourself time and the queue might not have been so long.

so i thought for a moment and said,

are you blaming me for the queue ?

"no!

and she repeted her first statement.

i don't mind waiting, i have nothing else to do.

from that statement of mine the two other tellers either side of her looked in my direction,

so just before i left the window i said, sorry for wasting your time, next time i will try to do your job a little easier.

so what do you think? was i being rude, or was it the teller telling me what i should have done before i got to her window.

Like alot of people i bank at more than one bank, and when i do i have no problems not filling in a form to make a deposit by cheque, i just hand my Visa/Debt card over and they do the rest, no form to fill in just a signature at the bottom of a slip filled in by computer.

In my view the banks have become progressively more arrogant and customer-unfriendly over the years.

Having had a straightforward relationship with my local bank over many years, I'm often disturbed with what I now encounter.

For simplicity and efficiency, I subscribe to their online banking service (which in fairness operates quite well). My major complaint with the scheme is that although the "on-line" feature is their major marketing ploy, they offer no email facility in the event of a query!

IMO, it's all rather cynical.....

TV advert's purporting to still be offering local phone contact are another annoying feature.......I don't consider going via Peter Sellers Singh in Madras (or could it be Leicester? :rolleyes: ) as 'local'....

Reckon I'd have shared your annoyance at the queueing remarks, especially as you were obliged to join an existing queue upon arrival!

Cheers

Robt P.

:Friends: Hi rob, i too like yourself do internet banking which i find very useful but for one thing, it's fine if you like me have more than one account at the same bank then you can move money from one account to another, also pay your bills, but when it comes to one bank to another that's where it all falls down.

I do internet banking with Alliance & Leicester, and have done so for a good many years, I have never encountered any problems with them whatsoever - can't praise their internet banking facility enough.

I can sympathise Den,but i'm not surprised, we have the same lack of interest in our banks here. Same thing at lunch time,2 tellers to a whole bank load of people. I take in large amounts of coins & I would never dream of going in at lunch time,I think it would be grossly unfair to the people who only get an hour to pay their bills etc. I was once asked why I wasn't using the automatic teller machine & boy did she regret asking me that question! Seems to me less service, more fees,just doesn't seem right somehow. Internet banking is definately the better option & much quicker,if you are short of time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Check your pockets ! Close your bank account and ask for it in 20 pences !

Click here - eBay

undated-20p-front-and-back.jpg

Financial News

Monday June 29, 09:48 AM

Minted! Lucky 20p Owners Could Get £50

By © Sky News 2009

Thousands of Brits with a new 20p in their pockets could find themselves £50 richer after a mix-up at the Royal Mint.

Around 200,000 of the coins have rocketed in value after the manufacturer admitted it had forgotten to put a date on them.

They are worth £50 if immediately returned, but are set to rise even further in value because of their rarity.

Nick Hart, of the London Mint, said: "If you hunt around and find one you're extremely lucky.

"Mistakes like this not only fascinate people but also have considerable value-increase significance."

Workers at the mint have been left with their tails between their legs after leaving the date stamp off the heads side of the coins.

The error occurred amid the production of a newly-designed 20p piece.

The mint has issued a recall both to remove the coins from circulation and to keep track of them.

Lucky owners are asked to register their details at www.undated20p.com and then post the dateless coin back.

Alternatively, those looking to keep their new-found collectable can register and request a presentation box.

Mr Hart put an optimistic slant on the mint's "extremely rare error".

"(It) will certainly get the public looking at the coins in their pockets again and noticing the excellent new designs launched by the Royal Mint on our coinage," he said.