single or double breasted?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope there isn't a Saracen's Ladies' Angling Group! 

It is indeed RR. Tweed check complete with belt on jacket. As for oiled beard - depends how juicy the steak was. And tattoos! Some of the guys in our fishing club are on about getting the club logo ta

I saw a guy in Bulwell with a tie on last week............... It was round his waist holding his trousers up !!!!!!! LOL

I would just like to see men back in suits

When I first went with master for a new suit "BURTONS" bottom Hockley he had a three piece, you could choose a patten from books, have it made as you wanted, back vent, two flaps, side pockets slanted or not, collar wide or small I could go on all this for £3 00 .

Then the Beatles style came in! can you remember no collar.

£3.00 Mary ? When was this, 1932? My two Burton suits off the rack in 1966 was £15

• Upvote 1

I do like wearing a suit but the last time I wore one in daylight in Nottm I was mistaken for a magistrate. Once went in Burtons and ordered a suit, no turnups, no pockets in the jacket, no lapels, no belt loops, got charged ten quid for extras

• Upvote 1

Wherever you are today,if you are wearing a SUIT people assume you work there,lol.

hi

maybe I did get the price wrong sorry! its an age thing year was around 1962/63

It is a fact that rescue services have cut me out of a skin suit. As a 64 y/o I crashed in a bike race near Oxton. Fractured skull and collar bone. I was airlifted to QE where they had to cut off my skin suit. No embarrassment because I was heavily sedated. Quite fun really :rolleyes:

They gave me back the skin suit but it had become a four piece instead of a single piece suit. Could not walk unaided when released the day after but was able to add to my collection of NHS walking sticks from previous visits to hospitals. Yes, I'm a dozy bogger!

Well you will take part in extreme sports PeverilPeril! Having been a spectator at lots of bike races, many years ago, I 've seen some horrendous accidents. No wonder racing cyclists shave their legs!

• Upvote 1

I recall my fitting for my first suit well, it was in Burtons jut up from Broad Marsh chopping centre. It was a brown double breasted suit. I recall buying silk handkerchiefs for the top pockets.

My father showed me some photos from the early 1980s with that suit on and I looked like a member of the Mafia.

Fuggetaboutit

i STILL HAVE a couple of 'Silk hankerchiefs' and wear them when on certain jobs,thinking i look the 'Dogs',but was recently brought back to reality by a bunch of mature ladies,who amid much laughter,told me i looked like 'Mad Frankie Fraser',all my G.Clooney illusions were well shattered, :angry2::)

'cheeky gits'

• Upvote 2

YOU'RE a 'Cheeky Git' as well catfan,.............................but probably correct. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Paul, we know how to dress well don't we pal!? Bet you're not surprised to know I still have a collection of silks but even 20 years ago I was told that if I kept wearing them long enough they would come back into fashion so I'm still hopeful!!

• Upvote 1

MADE me laugh 'commo' when i come up to 'Summerwine Land' to collect them 'Silks' you have for me,we can meet in 'Sids cafe' we'll look like 'Al Capone' and 'Frank Nitty' lol.

• Upvote 1

I can top that for a 'putdown' Benjamin: last year i was in the Approach on hols- dressed in a nice grey whistle and tie- some slinky bird called me over " you look like penfold of dangermouse !!" she said. My mates had me a new name all week!! Google a picture - funny really.

Benjamin, if you visit Commo, then go to the Butchers Arms in Hepworth, they do wonderful steaks. It's where many of the pub scenes in Summerwine were filmed.

No tie reqd. LOL

• Upvote 1