What they do in the southern hemisphere is set the satellite upside down to make sure the signal is picked up correctly....True, honest!!  LOL

• Upvote 1

On the first visit by my bride to be to meet my parents the gas ran out and it was 'who's got a bob for the meter' None to be had and mam panicking that the food in the fridge will spoil, it was a gas fridge. The date was Apr 1 and no amount explaining would convince the her that the fridge ran on gas and it was not an April Fools prank. This rather spoiled my little scheme. After showing her a gas fridge I had  intended telling her the telly ran on gas too.

• Upvote 1

John (Ayup) #26. 

It had a block diagram with a thing called a 'picture inversion modulator' & every thing before that was upside down, lol. It was brilliant how they did it..  

Brew #27. 

I tried to explain to my late Father-in-law how a gas fridge worked; How the ammonia is absorbed by the cold water in the absorber so lowering the pressure in the evaporator & flashing the liquid ammonia to a gas, & then going to the heater (heated by gas, paraffin or electricity) part where it's forced out of solution & becomes a high pressure high temp gas, where it then goes to a condenser were it turns into a coolish high pressure liquid, then the to a pressure reducing gubbins were it flashes to a gas & starts all over again. I even drew a diagram but he didn't understand, I then gave up...

Much simpler turning the satellite upside down, or get the subscribers to hang their TV's upside down on the wall.   LOL

• 2 years later...