ITV appear only to have adverts for betting, sofas and beauty products.

If they have banned CIG adverts why not ban gambling adverts . Rich or poor it can only lead to an addiction and that's good for no one except the bookies.

Perhaps Ed Miliband ought to play Bingo. Its the only was he'll get No 10 (yes I know its an old joke).

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The kids are in poverty because Nottinghan is littered with discarded scratch cards, fag packets, Stella bottles, energy drinks cans, and never ending fast food detritus. I blame the parents wholehear

But it’s easy (and infuriating) to be dismissive without putting forward a sensible argument! Why is it laughable? Why is it sad?   You’re just confirming your detractors views. To be honest

This is worth a read. I make no claim of authorship and not having permission to reprint it I offer only the link. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular, you must judge for your self the re

AH but Graham every afternoon they cheer us up with ADS telling us what to do with us money afore we pop us cloggs,one even offers a free pen,

as Del-boy would say,.................'.bladdy need that don't we,cheeky mares'

Plus ads for 'step in baths' ......Chairs that stand you up,.......who to contact to make a will.........etc,etc,

Really warms the 'cockles of your heart' don't it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

If I have any money left from my housekeeping I save it and add it up at the end of the year......Then spend it on something I really need for myself or my family............

Like Trevor #30 we took a gamble 26 years ago, we won too, now we buy one "slick-pick" ticket a week, we neither smoke or drink much, or gamble in any other way, It's my wife's little excitement that she may hit the big one one day.

We have won lot's of small amounts, the biggest was $1200, but we have friends that have won over a million and our son in laws uncle won $1,750,000.00 two years ago, life changing for his family.

It's our only vice.

Got to be in it to win it, as they say, plus here in oz the lotto surplus does a lot of good.

• Upvote 1

A few years ago my Uncle was given a scratch card by his local newsagent. Yes, given. He took it home, scratched away and found he'd won a car! He didn't believe it so got his son to come and double-check, who confirmed he had indeed won a Vauxhall car. He went to the local dealership to collect it but as he had had a stroke he wasn't able to drive anymore so he left it in the showroom to be sold on. He used the money to have a spanking new kitchen.

• Upvote 4

Dad always said 'Think lucky and you'll be lucky'.........don't know why, he never won owt,...........although the wife was one number of winning £30,000 Last night at Gala Bingo,Top Valley, :angry2:

• Upvote 2

Greed & avarice, my, my !!!!!

In the 50s and 60s there was still poverty but no fat people to speak of.

Now its claimed that there's poverty and we have an obesity epidemic. You can't be poor and overeat to this extent.

Yes I am well aware that some people may have a medical reason for being overweight but not to the extent of today.

Poverty does exist and we should do whatever we can to help those in need but we ourselves have to accept some responsibility and that's what's sadly lacking in today's world.

• Upvote 3

I agree Bilbra- but today it's hidden and people who have cash flow problems own non essential items!! Sky tv- even a car are'nt the b and end all. I can only speak on a personal level. I try regardless of cash to be honest, tell my kids i love them, and instill things like manners etc... oh and cough up cash to the boss!!

They've probably just parked around the corner too.

Perhaps many of those who are at the soup kitchens are from the same brigade. There are a lot of something for nothing people out there. Poverty to day is nothing like poverty of the past.

I do not think that Nottingham is by any means "poverty capital " . That was just the media ( yet again), perhaps trying to advertise the Torvill and Dean programme on ITV ( which was rather disappointing)

• 3 months later...

A street beggar was arrested recently in Nottingham & was found to have over £400 in his pocket. Looking scruffy & having a starving dog with you are only "props".

• Like 1