Most very poor people who are genuine find ways to get sorted. If you are fit and well enough to work, there is plenty out there if you don't mind getting a bit mucky.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 years later...
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The kids are in poverty because Nottinghan is littered with discarded scratch cards, fag packets, Stella bottles, energy drinks cans, and never ending fast food detritus. I blame the parents wholehear

But it’s easy (and infuriating) to be dismissive without putting forward a sensible argument! Why is it laughable? Why is it sad?   You’re just confirming your detractors views. To be honest

This is worth a read. I make no claim of authorship and not having permission to reprint it I offer only the link. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular, you must judge for your self the re

Political content ?

• Like 1

Rog, the political content is all one sided, nobody else is bothering to respond, as we all, well most, know what the outcome will be.

Your mate just won't take Admin's advice, and let things drop.

I would like to think everyone on this site is my mate and as such I have respect for their views on any topic,if there's something I disagree with I don't bother replying after all it's one persons view and being a so called free country we are all entitled to for that view, isn't that what two terrible wars were fought for and people sacrificed their lives for? to have a view,ok that might sound a bit extreme but at then end of the day this is an open forum and everyones opinion should be respected not ridiculed, if you don't agree with Ians post why not send him a PM about it? I'm sure he would be more than willing to explain why he feels strongly enough to post his thoughts,that way you could perhaps get your point across with the need to drag everyone else on the site into your personal argument

Rog

• Like 4

It's not a personal argument, but how many more times does he need telling about his snide political quips ? 

People don't reply, as they can foresee the outcome. Accusations of bullying, which we've had before if you remember rightly.

Is he so thick skinned that he assumes he can ride roughshod over Admin's warnings ? 

Incase you've not noticed, there's already been minimal replies, so perhaps the membership are finally getting wised up.

• Like 2

Sorry but  I too have to make a comment. Ian posts such a lot of twaddle that nobody understands. His post or rather his pics are clogging up the whole site. I dread to think what his mind is like. It seems to me that he's getting as much done before he pops his clogs. We love to see pics of how Nottingham once was but enough is enough. Before long he will be the only one posting and then where will he be. Doesn't he realise no one responds . This is not only my opinion its the opinion of many who have also said the same thing. Come on Ian ease up While you were away the site was great with many posting and enjoying the banter but now its come back to "normal" meaning too many of your inane remarks.

• Like 2

Sorry Plantfit, I agree with Fly and Nonna. Why is it so difficult to avoid politics, and, if posts on politics are banned on this site, then why should we make exeptions for one man? If posts on marigold gloves were banned, then so be it .... or find another site,

Sorry, I appreciate some of Ian’s posts. Those I don’t I just don’t comment on. We actually seem to have some things in common, but Ian, please, don’t do it - it would be a real shame to lose you.

• Like 3

No need to apologise AfferGorrit, I don't do politics either, it's just the way some people can't wait to dive on some of Ians posts and request delete or ban, Ian's a good bloke as are all the members of this site, replies to posts aren't compulsory,an old saying comes to mind, "some people have something to say, others have to say something" if it wasn't for a lot of Ians posts the site would become stale,some I agree with some I don't but I don't ridicule the guy for repeat posting of his pictures or the odd lapse to his political leanings, lets get this site back to being the friendly and informative site it was when I joined over 12 years ago,     Please

Rog

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

I don’t read his rubbish but I for one wouldn’t be sorry to see the back of him. He does clog up the site with his overpostings.

I would - as a member, he is fully entitled to contribute to the Forum, as indeed we all are. - if you're not interested in his input, just don't read it.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, plantfit said:

No need to apologise AfferGorrit, I don't do politics either, it's just the way some people can't wait to dive on some of Ians posts and request delete or ban, Ian's a good bloke as are all the members of this site, replies to posts aren't compulsory,an old saying comes to mind, "some people have something to say, others have to say something" if it wasn't for a lot of Ians posts the site would become stale,some I agree with some I don't but I don't ridicule the guy for repeat posting of his pictures or the odd lapse to his political leanings, lets get this site back to being the friendly and informative site it was when I joined over 12 years ago,     Please

Rog

Plantfit it goes to show that while he was away the site was back to its original happy go lucky way. He's back and nobody posts that's got to mean something.

3 minutes ago, roger peatman said:

I would - as a member, he is fully entitled to contribute to the Forum, as indeed we all are. - if you're not interested in his input, just don't read it.

I agree whole heartedly but can you see a space to contribute. I don't apart from having to scroll through pages and pages of nonsense and photos. I appreciate the photos but 20 every day is way too many.

9 minutes ago, plantfit said:

Rog

It was whilst he was away!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, roger peatman said:

For you, maybe ? - for me, no !

ask some members

As a relatively new member, and having left the City in 1975, I don't know anyone  on here (as many seem to do ) so it's the old photo's that bring memories of the City alive, that's what nostalgia is, isn't it ?

• Like 5

For what it's worth, I also think there are far too many pictures posted on here each day.  They would be appreciated more if there were fewer of them, then people would have the chance to perhaps enjoy them and respond before the next batch (and the next, and the next....) is posted.

Many  on here don't sit at the computer all day...

• Like 5

There's some very hurtful posts directed at one person in this thread, you don't have to read every post and if you disagree with one person in particular don't read their posts,

Let him without sin cast the first stone, heard that somewhere but it seems to apply here

Rog

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, fogrider said:

As a relatively new member, and having left the City in 1975, I don't know anyone  on here (as many seem to do ) so it's the old photo's that bring memories of the City alive, that's what nostalgia is, isn't it ?

I've only met a few but no body when they join knows anybody else . getting to know them through posts is interesting and some are more friendly than others, you can joke with some but not others ,That was the joy of NS once upon a time even when Ian used to post all sorts of things . But now its become an obsession with him now posting so many photos. I too enjoy the photos but not so many a day. We don't have time to comment on them before the next lot comes up.He seems to be making up for lost time.

Can never see him online so suspect he's checking who's talking about him . 

• Like 1

Let none of us forget what nostalgia means. As far as I'm concerned the title of the group is a play on words and I fully expect reminiscences and illustrations about the city and its environs and of people's experiences in connection with Nottingham.

There's an almost infinite number of posts here that have absolutely nothing to do with what you should expect, given the name of the group. Ought these be banned/culled?

The group has brought back so many memories - some good, some not good - but memories nevertheless. It has also brought back my knowledge of colloquial English which was in great danger of leaving me and for which, I will be forever grateful. I would hate to lose it but, you never know - - -

• Like 4