• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The kids are in poverty because Nottinghan is littered with discarded scratch cards, fag packets, Stella bottles, energy drinks cans, and never ending fast food detritus. I blame the parents wholehear

But it’s easy (and infuriating) to be dismissive without putting forward a sensible argument! Why is it laughable? Why is it sad?   You’re just confirming your detractors views. To be honest

This is worth a read. I make no claim of authorship and not having permission to reprint it I offer only the link. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular, you must judge for your self the re

6 minutes ago, jonab said:

Let none of us forget what nostalgia means. As far as I'm concerned the title of the group is a play on words and I fully expect reminiscences and illustrations about the city and its environs and of people's experiences in connection with Nottingham.

There's an almost infinite number of posts here that have absolutely nothing to do with what you should expect, given the name of the group. Ought these be banned/culled?

The group has brought back so many memories - some good, some not good - but memories nevertheless. It has also brought back my knowledge of colloquial English which was in great danger of leaving me and for which, I will be forever grateful. I would hate to lose it but, you never know - - -

Yes I agree Nottstalgia  is what it should be as members would also agree but what we are saying that too many photos are spoiling other topics  because of the amount. I'm sure that if there were fewer it would give other members the chance to input more topics but as it stands there's no chance. I've spent very little time in Nottingham and have been pleased to see some photos but after a while they are repeated .Its also the nonsensical comments that nobody understands. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, nonnaB said:

Sorry but  I too have to make a comment. Ian posts such a lot of twaddle that nobody understands. His post or rather his pics are clogging up the whole site. I dread to think what his mind is like. It seems to me that he's getting as much done before he pops his clogs. We love to see pics of how Nottingham once was but enough is enough. Before long he will be the only one posting and then where will he be. Doesn't he realise no one responds . This is not only my opinion its the opinion of many who have also said the same thing. Come on Ian ease up While you were away the site was great with many posting and enjoying the banter but now its come back to "normal" meaning too many

There's a few hurtful remarks in this post Nonna, especially "it seems to me he's getting as much done before he pops his clogs" or is that just a  bit of Italian banter?

Rog

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, plantfit said:

There's a few hurtful remarks in this post Nonna, especially "it seems to me he's getting as much done before he pops his clogs" or is that just a  bit of Italian banter?

Rog

S.orry PF Nottingham banter

• Like 1

I think there are probably enough topics already on here which can be added to without starting any more!  OK, there may be SOME things which aren't already covered, but the topic '3 randoms' for example, could accommodate all photos which don't fit in any other category (without starting another topic)   In fact, if the topic's name was changed to just 'Random Pictures' then they could all go on there!

Perhaps  one of the staff on here could tell us how many different topics there are altogether?  I know I could count them but I've got to go out now ...

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, nonnaB said:

Nonna, as they say round your way, "Vivi e lascia vivere" 

I tend to skim through the posts, and cherry pick the photos. Keep looking for Old Basford and Cinderhill, more in hope than expectation.

As for the banter, my dad always said "listen to their opinion, then walk away with your own" .

Seems good to me. 

• Like 6

Sono d'accordo ma lui non vede l'opinioni degli altri.

O non  vuole vedere

Translated so you know I'm not saying nasty things.

I agree but he doesn't see the opinions of others.

Or doesn't want to see.

2 hours ago, IAN123. said:

i do enjoy documenting these pieces of old Nottingham.

And i enjoy having my memory jogged by your photos, the one's I'm not interested in, i skip. But there's lots of good stuff.

• Like 4

Once again the word games are under fire. I must say that I enjoy them, gets the grey matter going. It was once insinuated that people only played them to get their post counts up (the same could be said about old photos), didn’t know what that meant, I wasn’t counting my posts and could not have cared less about the number, everyone is different so each to their own. If I can trawl through numerous posts of old photos (don’t need reminding about the poverty we grew up with I lived in it) then surely you can trawl through the word games as well. I am going to have a break from the site (don’t think I will be missed as I don’t post that often now and it will be one less in the word games), I will probably have a look now and then to see what is going on if the site is still here.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, nonnaB said:

No need to apologise Nonna, still got your Nottingham sense of humour

Rog

• Like 1
3 hours ago, nonnaB said:

Yes I agree Nottstalgia  is what it should be as members would also agree but what we are saying that too many photos are spoiling other topics  because of the amount. I'm sure that if there were fewer it would give other members the chance to input more topics but as it stands there's no chance. I've spent very little time in Nottingham and have been pleased to see some photos but after a while they are repeated .Its also the nonsensical comments that nobody understands. 

The simple answer nonnaB is then don't read what doesn't interest you, there are many topics I'm not keen on so I keep clear, it really is that simple !

Many on here never contribute a thing to this site, nostalgia or otherwise. Those posters are more suited to Facebook.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, IAN123. said:

Laughable..and sad!

But it’s easy (and infuriating) to be dismissive without putting forward a sensible argument! Why is it laughable? Why is it sad?

You’re just confirming your detractors views. To be honest it’s beginning to seem to me that you are being gleefully confrontational, and THAT’s what’s laughable and sad. Why do it. Why post such inflamatory stuff when you know what will happen. Do you enjoy causing trouble?

I’m really sorry, but if it comes down to it I’d rather see you banned than lose half a dozen other members.

(Oh dear, better get the fan out!)

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

All this crap could have been avoided if hadn't been for that two word post "political content" never known so much upset caused by two words

Rog

• Like 2

Laughable and sad maybe ?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, plantfit said:

All this crap could have been avoided if hadn't been for that two word post "political content" never known so much upset caused by two words

Rog

Are you suggesting that Ian should have special dispensation? Don’t you think the opinion of the majority counts? I really do hate this. I’ve stood up for the guy before, but he seems hell-bent on upsetting as many folks as he can. To be honest I think that this has gone too far now. I think the mods need to exercise their power for the greater good of the site.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Just to put my bit in, for what it's worth, it seems to me that there is a vendetta going on here amongst a few members. Me, i won't take side's with anyone but, if this site is about nostalgia i think some folks need to think about what they post. 

At the end of the day, have your say by all means, but just skip the posts that don't interest you, i do and I'm sure others do. It's a great site with loads of info donated by all, so stop squabbling.

• Like 5

Why should new topics be created. Surely there's sufficient to satisfy everybody.

• Like 3

Hang on, everyone's holidays are good to read wherever they go.

Spain Purchase ..... That's a cracker from someone pleading poverty last November.  We've all got good memories !

• Like 2

If it hadn't been for those two words none of this would have happened as I said and as you said " no one bothers to answer Ian's posts that contain politics" but you replied and started all this hurt,upset and bad feelings off again,

Rog

• Like 4
36 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

Laughable and sad maybe ?

More sad than anything to see members picking on each other, after all they are only words. Like other members this site helps me keep in touch with the Nottingham of a loved one's youth that we were not part of, if the comments and postings of a certain person upset you DON'T READ THEM......

• Like 7