Thats just the point Gem, no one is being forced to read anything or post a reply ,like I wrote in an earlier post "some people have something to say and some people have to say something

Rog

• Like 1
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The kids are in poverty because Nottinghan is littered with discarded scratch cards, fag packets, Stella bottles, energy drinks cans, and never ending fast food detritus. I blame the parents wholehear

But it’s easy (and infuriating) to be dismissive without putting forward a sensible argument! Why is it laughable? Why is it sad?   You’re just confirming your detractors views. To be honest

This is worth a read. I make no claim of authorship and not having permission to reprint it I offer only the link. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular, you must judge for your self the re

Scathing remarks..... Like you and your cohorts incessant deriding of word games, then embracing it wholeheartedly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
14 hours ago, Stavertongirl said:

Once again the word games are under fire. I must say that I enjoy them, gets the grey matter going. It was once insinuated that people only played them to get their post counts up (the same could be said about old photos), didn’t know what that meant, I wasn’t counting my posts and could not have cared less about the number, everyone is different so each to their own. If I can trawl through numerous posts of old photos (don’t need reminding about the poverty we grew up with I lived in it) then surely you can trawl through the word games as well. I am going to have a break from the site (don’t think I will be missed as I don’t post that often now and it will be one less in the word games), I will probably have a look now and then to see what is going on if the site is still here.

Don't give up Staverton Girl..keep posting in the song association thread..& More!! I occasionally post myself..I used to be in a music forum that had a similar game..wrote some passible songs between us..after throwing them out.ala..Bowie Style!

• Like 3

ID, you mentioned it initially. You made comments last autumn about being broke, and you now mention a Spanish Purchase.

How can that be my fault ? Everyone else reads most things you know ! You cannot expect to post personal details, then stick your arms up in horror if anyone else mentions them. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I used to come on this forum quite often but don't so much now but do like to look in now and then. Reading through this thread is like listening to my grandchildren arguing. I can see there is a history to this and yes, I'm not privy to that history so in a way shouldn't stick my nose in but can we not all just enjoy this forum and respect each other. 

Why not call a truce. Ian has said he won't make any more political jibes so can we not leave it at that. Please.

• Like 2

It's a bit like telling the world of illegal activities and then crying foul when someone happens to mention it! 

It's not big and it's not clever.......

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Then why be hypocritical, and moan if he's reminded of his posts. I haven't a clue how to quote, or I would have. I've a good memory though.

If folk don't want stuff common knowledge, then don't post it.

Quite frankly, a lot of members are fed up to the back teeth of folk being over sensitive when reminded of previous posts. It's as though they despise even the of  mildest criticism.

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, letsavagoo said:

I used to come on this forum quite often but don't so much now but do like to look in now and then. Reading through this thread is like listening to my grandchildren arguing. I can see there is a history to this and yes, I'm not privy to that history so in a way shouldn't stick my nose in but can we not all just enjoy this forum and respect each other. 

Why not call a truce. Ian has said he won't make any more political jibes so can we not leave it at that. Please.

Thats what we are trying to do but we are afraid of treading on his feet.

• Upvote 1

This is worth a read. I make no claim of authorship and not having permission to reprint it I offer only the link. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular, you must judge for your self the relevance of the article.

https://www.learning-mind.com/attention-seeking-behavior/

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Nottingham is full of other things besides photos and pubs. Its full of people who like to live a peaceful life and post interesting things . Maybe its not interesting to others but they always get a response. Nottingham does have a lot to offer. People,  who work in hospitals, community service (the right side of it) people who listen , people who talk, are they happy, sad , rich or poor, they have families and are maybe struggling to raise their children. People who help others. Aren't they more important than finding fault and commenting unnecessarily about simple posts.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

May I remind members that this site was set up by someone at his OWN EXPENSE and in his own time, is maintained at his own expense in his own time to explore and take pleasure from the history of the city and it's people, the heritage, the memories .It is not a juke box on free play.

Bickering , unpleasantries and frivolous nonsense that should be on facebook or twitter should not be on here mis-using this wonderful resource.

Please respect our generous host !

Here goes, I'm pressing the reply button and heading for the fall-out shelter …………...

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

No need for the shelter FG you are entitled to your opinion the same as everyone else.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Brew said:

This is worth a read. I make no claim of authorship and not having permission to reprint it I offer only the link. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular, you must judge for your self the relevance of the article.

wow 

Correct FG, but we're finally refusing to be bullied and treated like fools.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Brew said:

A very interesting read and even a little bit worrying.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Blimey, that's putting into words everything I've been thinking for a good few years. How appropriate.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2019 at 11:51 AM, IAN123. said:

Here's another photo of the ladies working in the city during WW1.60445-1-280-99999-unpad.jpgThose in the know...will recognise the Cathedral wall on the left...i do enjoy documenting these pieces of old Nottingham.

Fantastic picture! Being not "In the know ' any ideas on the Cathedral on the left? What would be the purpose of the "Box' between to the two fine ladies? Newspaper Seller?

• Like 1

My guess is that it's on North Circus street opposite Albert Hall and facing Derby road (going left to right across the picture where the horse is). The east end of Nottingham St Barnabas Cathedral on the left behind the wall. Those buildings across Derby Rd were all demolished when Tollhouse Hill was developed. The buildings far in the distance were demolished when Wollaton st was developed. The kiosk; there is a modern phone kiosk there now. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1