Commo

Poverty Capital

It is laughable because a lot on here seem to concentrate on my experience..instead of thier own..i don't particulary enjoy posts about first class holidays...how many si turbos i have had or preserved and sugared fruits..but WHO am i to pull them down?

Use your finger and scroll past..it is that easy. I have had a week off in Spain..what threads or topics were started..i don't know or care..this site is about what you want from it...there is no obligation to begin a subject...some just like to view or comment..and that is fine...i like to search for photos of Nottms past...and post them..if my casual calling of the Tories offended anyone..i am sorry..but in balance...the hurtful posts or banter as some call it..that is levelled in my direction is far more damaging and really is a form of bullying.

Ok..no more political jibes...but no more policing from NS members please..other than admin.

I have heeded johns words from the other week.

I feel a PD2 bus coming on.

• Like 5

My sentiments exactly.

• Like 2

Why should new topics be created. Surely there's sufficient to satisfy everybody.

• Like 3

Hang on, everyone's holidays are good to read wherever they go.

Spain Purchase ..... That's a cracker from someone pleading poverty last November.  We've all got good memories !

• Like 2

If it hadn't been for those two words none of this would have happened as I said and as you said " no one bothers to answer Ian's posts that contain politics" but you replied and started all this hurt,upset and bad feelings off again,

Rog

• Like 4

Look like a game of ping pong has started now  slywink

Rog

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

Laughable and sad maybe ?

More sad than anything to see members picking on each other, after all they are only words. Like other members this site helps me keep in touch with the Nottingham of a loved one's youth that we were not part of, if the comments and postings of a certain person upset you DON'T READ THEM......

• Like 7

That is a hurtful and personal post mr.fly and has been reported..coming from you..in Anon..who made scathing remarks about such a practice...

You could all be posting nottm facts..but alas seem uncapable of such a thing.

• Like 1

Thats just the point Gem, no one is being forced to read anything or post a reply ,like I wrote in an earlier post "some people have something to say and some people have to say something

Rog

• Like 1

Help what happened blame the dog. Have tried to remove all repeated posts sorry about that.

Scathing remarks..... Like you and your cohorts incessant deriding of word games, then embracing it wholeheartedly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Any chance we can get back on the thread?

• Like 3

You got a very clever dog there in Gateshead Gem thumbsup

Rog

• Like 2

Thank you but not really ....I dropped biscuit Silas tried to get and I'm wiping it off screen and you saw the result.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stavertongirl said:

Once again the word games are under fire. I must say that I enjoy them, gets the grey matter going. It was once insinuated that people only played them to get their post counts up (the same could be said about old photos), didn’t know what that meant, I wasn’t counting my posts and could not have cared less about the number, everyone is different so each to their own. If I can trawl through numerous posts of old photos (don’t need reminding about the poverty we grew up with I lived in it) then surely you can trawl through the word games as well. I am going to have a break from the site (don’t think I will be missed as I don’t post that often now and it will be one less in the word games), I will probably have a look now and then to see what is going on if the site is still here.

Don't give up Staverton Girl..keep posting in the song association thread..& More!! I occasionally post myself..I used to be in a music forum that had a similar game..wrote some passible songs between us..after throwing them out.ala..Bowie Style!

• Like 3

Assez! Ce n'est pas la raison pour laquelle je suis ici. Je prends quelques jours de tout cela.

Au revoir pour le moment.

Dear Admin..that includes Kath, Den ,Cliff and Mick...is it possible for you to remove Fly2's comment ..that i have flagged up.

Mentioning my personal  financial circumstances is not any of his business..this is an open request...much obliged..ianx.

• Like 1

ID, you mentioned it initially. You made comments last autumn about being broke, and you now mention a Spanish Purchase.

How can that be my fault ? Everyone else reads most things you know ! You cannot expect to post personal details, then stick your arms up in horror if anyone else mentions them. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I used to come on this forum quite often but don't so much now but do like to look in now and then. Reading through this thread is like listening to my grandchildren arguing. I can see there is a history to this and yes, I'm not privy to that history so in a way shouldn't stick my nose in but can we not all just enjoy this forum and respect each other. 

Why not call a truce. Ian has said he won't make any more political jibes so can we not leave it at that. Please.

• Like 2

It's a bit like telling the world of illegal activities and then crying foul when someone happens to mention it! 

It's not big and it's not clever.......

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Then why be hypocritical, and moan if he's reminded of his posts. I haven't a clue how to quote, or I would have. I've a good memory though.

If folk don't want stuff common knowledge, then don't post it.

Quite frankly, a lot of members are fed up to the back teeth of folk being over sensitive when reminded of previous posts. It's as though they despise even the of  mildest criticism.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, letsavagoo said:

I used to come on this forum quite often but don't so much now but do like to look in now and then. Reading through this thread is like listening to my grandchildren arguing. I can see there is a history to this and yes, I'm not privy to that history so in a way shouldn't stick my nose in but can we not all just enjoy this forum and respect each other. 

Why not call a truce. Ian has said he won't make any more political jibes so can we not leave it at that. Please.

Thats what we are trying to do but we are afraid of treading on his feet.

• Upvote 1

This is worth a read. I make no claim of authorship and not having permission to reprint it I offer only the link. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular, you must judge for your self the relevance of the article.

https://www.learning-mind.com/attention-seeking-behavior/

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Nottingham is full of other things besides photos and pubs. Its full of people who like to live a peaceful life and post interesting things . Maybe its not interesting to others but they always get a response. Nottingham does have a lot to offer. People,  who work in hospitals, community service (the right side of it) people who listen , people who talk, are they happy, sad , rich or poor, they have families and are maybe struggling to raise their children. People who help others. Aren't they more important than finding fault and commenting unnecessarily about simple posts.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2