I am receiving messages from a member using a Kindle.

Having never used one I do not know if our system even supports it?

Anyone use one?

Tell me what I have to do I,m just getting used to my kindle

Keeps coming back saying error

Now I've got the app, my IPad now acts like a Kindle when I need to use it.

See I'm the other way now, since having first a Sony and now a Kindle ereader, I find a paper book a real pain.

I keep dropping it or lose my page whereas my Kindle is light always on the right page when I open it, has a built in encyclopedia, several dictionaries a light to read in bed or on a plane, and the best thing room for around a thousand books !

I currently have a couple of hundred with me constantly but have around 40gig on a hard drive if I want a change.

I have reference books, cooking books with pictures, fiction, magazines, in fact anything that's around in paper is usually now available in electronic form.

One grey area maybe old historical volumes, but hey If I want to reference one I can always call in a library.

Another downside here in oz with paper books is they attract silverfish something awful. The other thing is they are heavy, which would not be practical to carry as we live full time in our RV at the moment travelling.

• Upvote 3

Sooner have "hard" copy any day.

I have a large(ish) collection of books on Nottingham & I think none of which are on Kindle(some directories are on CD ROM)

I also have a load more on various subjects & I suspect very few are available on Kindle.

Question I enjoy books with lots of photographs,what do these pictures look like on Kindle ?

And what if a book is mainly pictorial?

Would you people buy a Kindle that consisted of say 200 photographs?(& how much would such a book cost?)

• Upvote 1

The original question refers to accessing Nottstalgia on a Kindle?

Kindle is now just an e-Reader, so it doesn't have any internet facility; therefore you can't access Nottstalgia on it.

But if it's an older Kindle (when the name was used for a tablet) you should be able to get Nottstalgia.

Tell me what I have to do I,m just getting used to my kindle

Keeps coming back saying error

Not sure that adds up. If the person was able to contact mick2me (by PM or by email) that shows they have an internet connection. Did they send that email via the Kindle which they don't understand?

• Upvote 1

Mick, I have a Kindle Fire tablet and use it now almost exclusively for accessing the Forum, so much more convenient than setting up the lap top, and the only drawback, apart from my clumsy fingers hitting the wrong keys, is the predictive text which sometimes throws up some corkers without me spotting them.

I did originally buy it for the ability to read books without having to have the light on at night but have only done this once in 16 months of owning it. You know that I have no knowledge of technology and my Daughter set it up for me in the first place. I have no idea how to download stuff on the laptop, so don't miss this on the Kindle, but the height of my ability on the laptop is to show Smileys which I can't do on the Kindle.

:biggrin: <----- added one for you ( fynger )

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a Kindle Paperwhite. It is an e-book reader, but it most certainly does have wireless internet connection. That's how you can buy books from Amazon and have them sent direct to your device, and how the software is updated periodically. You can find whole collections of books already in the correct format (.mobi), and I'm talking of collections of thousands of books. If you have an ebook reader I recommend the program Calibre which holds your books in a library on your computer and can easily convert one format to another.