Tips For Nottstalgians.

Welll, I don't know. You learn something everyday. Peeling eggs, is a job I hate doing. I crack the shells and stand them in cold water, but nearly always break a couple in half, when peeling them. Another one for my useful tips scrapbook. :)

Will try to remember that one PevrilPeril! Lol. :biggrin:

• 4 weeks later...

I roll them firmly on a hard surface and then just pull the shell off. Easier with an older egg (As someone has already said).

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose I am preaching to the converted here, but perhaps there are some who might appreciate this, aimed at members who look and listen on YouTube.

Perhaps some of you have never thought that you might be able to view the download on your large TV screen, instead of on your PC or laptop. To do this your TV and your PC/laptop have to have HDMI connections. My DVD recorder/player has a HDMI cable into the HDMI socket in the back of the TV. Disconnect the cable from the DVD and plug into the PC/laptop. If you do not have a DVD or another piece of equipment with an HDMI socket, then just plug the cable into TV and PC/laptop.

Switch TV on and then call up your YouTube film or whatever. I did this but all I got was the laptop's screensaver and the audio from the download. After fiddling around pressing ever button on TV and laptop I finally cracked it - I just closed the cover of the laptop and the image came through on the TV (don't ask me why it does this).

The laptop I use has a wi-fi dongle to pick up the signal from the router. You might need one if router is remote from laptop.

• Upvote 1
  • 7 months later...

What with if its already got your arms & legs ?

• Like 1

Fly2 #14: If the shark has already got your arms and legs you simply give it a Glasgow kiss: Nut the bug*er!

• Upvote 2

Mrs Loppy read somewhere. (Probably facebook). That if you rolled up aluminum foil to about the size of a ping pong ball and put it in the dryer it would eliminate static electricity from your smalls like those dryer sheets do. Seems to work just fine and avoids whatever chemicals are in those dryer sheets. She uses three aluminum balls.

I know, I know. LOL. We don't have any aluminininunium 'ere. Our theaters are all spelt back to front. Our Color tvs have no U s. Our cars run on gasoline. Our dogs don't eat biscuits they eat Cookies. I just don't know how we make it. We need the queen to take us over again and at least show us how to spell. :-)). That all said. Are those aluminium balls working in your dryer?

• Upvote 1
  • 10 months later...