Black holes & quantum physics.

My love life back than was up & down like a prostitutes knickers, lol, I'd usually blow it by doing or saying sumat stupid. My mate said his girlfriends mate fancied me, I knew she was hot so went for it = it was the wrong mate, it was the munter who fancied me. I went out with her for a bit to sort of save face, she worked at a biscuit barrel factory in Kirkby & would give a me a biscuit barrel she'd nicked every time I saw her, Mam had more biscuit barrels than she knew what to do with, lol. She said she wanted to get pregnant so I legged it...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Over the usual Sunday afternoon pint with my physicist and scientific pals it was decided that I did have a purpose in life after all. If we were shipwrecked and in a lifeboat with no means of navigat

I remember when I was only nine or ten, sitting in a classroom looking out of the window and wondering - for the first time - whether I was really there or was all my life a dream, and how could I kno

Schroedinger holds no mystery in this household. If there's a box, there's always a cat in it. That's a probability of 1. When I receive a wine delivery, there are usually 2 boxes...one inside the oth

Been thinking. What if lights don't give out light but suck in dark so leaving light behind = they'd be 'dark suckers.'  When the bulb is full of dark it goes 'phut' & you throw it in the bin with all the dark inside it, you then put a new empty bulb in to start sucking in dark again. You can buy  mini weighing scale gubbins for your lampholder with an alarm built in = it weighs the bulb plus the dark & can tell you when it's going to conk out with the extra weight of the darkness it's absorbed, however they're not very accurate & can give a false alarm.  Of course the biggest dark sucker is the sun & that's been sucking away dark for billions of years, & when it gets mega full of dark it'll implode & suck in mega amounts darkness in seconds & be a supernova & the night sky will light up with mega amounts of negative darkness.... I'm so glad I've worked this out...

• Like 1

Colly you astound me with your knowledge, I try hard to understand all of this but I have to admit I haven't a clue. On the bright side I can now boast that I know of a super intelligent man from Mucky Uckna.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, colly0410 said:

They were empty Jill, shame as I like chocolate chip cookies.. 

What a cheapskate, Colly! You're well rid of her!

I love your thoughts on quantum theory. You're a divergent thinker and they'd have loved you at The Manning! What they never seemed to realise was that there is so much interesting stuff to cogitate as opposed to the drivel they were attempting to instil into us!

Keep cogitating, my friend!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, trogg said:

Colly you astound me with your knowledge, I try hard to understand all of this...

Trogg, just think of the sum of all human knowledge as being contained within an empty biscuit barrel...then marvel at what there is to discover outside its confines!  Failing that, ask Ben! :rolleyes:

• Like 3

When I worked on Mr Softee in 1968, I was often asked what was the biggest sucker I'd got. I replied, 'me' for doing this bleddy job.

I was once asked outside the Deerstalker if I'd got a King Dick (A fancy ice cream based sucker covered in chocolate and nuts, made by Walls) I sheepishly replied that I'd only got Mivvi's left ! 

• 2 months later...

In New Scientist mag that there are hints of a mirror universe = a parallel universe where everything is - er -  reversed. They think, if true, it could explain dark matter & dark energy. They're carrying out further experiments to prove or disprove the mirror universe hypothesis...... I've a funny feeling that on further investigation the mirror universe hypothesis will turn to dust in front of their eyes & the dark matter/dark energy mystery will prevail & it'll be back to the metaphorical drawing board so to speak..... I feel for these scientists when they think they've made a brilliant discovery & celebrate to the rafters, then as they carry out further experiments it comes up negative. At least they admit it (usually) if their hypothesis turns out to be a blank.... 

I think these people need to get out more.

Identical twins born from the same womb aren't exactly identical.

So why do they think that a universe could possibly have a mirror image.

Unless of course there's a 3rd universe where someone or thing is manufacturing Universes from C.A.D drawings.

The really smart folk already live in the Cattoverse! In the Cattoverse, everything revolves around the cat!  Cats, as is often pointed out, were once worshipped as deities and most of them, including mine, have never forgotten the fact.

• Like 2

Not being a cat lover I have to agree with you Jill. My son and his wife had a cat and work meant they had to move Cities and were living in Hotels, we were left with the cat. It was only for a few months ,but due to house chains breaking down it ended up over six months. It didn't take long for her to train us and take over the running of the house, in no time at all our lives revolved around the cats welfare. Are they deities?  of course they are and they make sure you know it.

• Like 4

Over the usual Sunday afternoon pint with my physicist and scientific pals it was decided that I did have a purpose in life after all. If we were shipwrecked and in a lifeboat with no means of navigation, I would be thrown overboard at regular intervals. It was deduced that due to the magnet in the left hand side of my head, that if I was left to thrash about aimlessly I would eventually face East. They would then drag me back in and make me row in the correct direction. I have wonderful friends. 

• Like 9