colly0410

Black holes & quantum physics.

Missed the announcement as I was down Notts this arvo. I'll be watching BBC4 at 9PM tonight..

• Like 1

I've been in an exited state all day, my wife thinks I'm a science nerd & round the bend, I've a funny feeling some of you agree with her, lol..

Colly, I think you write some interesting stuff and  I'm also fascinated by the news announced today.

• Like 1

I'll shine my torch out of the bedroom window. Will that help !  :flyswat:

Actually, it just goes to show how minuscule we really are.

• Like 1

Just watched the program, was very interesting. A new horizon has opened up, I wonder what new discoveries await us???

• Like 3

Fascinating program. The volume of data was truly stunning - millions of gigabytes on a lorry load of hard discs. And the atomic clock that was developed! Accurate to within 1 second over 10 million years!! Mind boggling. Old Albert will still be smiling....

• Like 1

Wonder who will be around to check if that clock is a second slow or fast in ten million years, don't think it will affect me!

How will they know if the clock is a second slow? Will it use itself as a reference? I expect they will have made a more accurate clock by then = 1 billionth of a second in 42 trillion years..

Would time be of any importance then?

Rog

• Like 1

In New Scientist that they discovered that anti-matter sub atomic anti-particles have particle/wave duality, so would the wave be an anti-wave? Oh dear, I'll be thinking about that in bed tonight if I can't sleep...