Black holes & quantum physics.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Over the usual Sunday afternoon pint with my physicist and scientific pals it was decided that I did have a purpose in life after all. If we were shipwrecked and in a lifeboat with no means of navigat

I remember when I was only nine or ten, sitting in a classroom looking out of the window and wondering - for the first time - whether I was really there or was all my life a dream, and how could I kno

Schroedinger holds no mystery in this household. If there's a box, there's always a cat in it. That's a probability of 1. When I receive a wine delivery, there are usually 2 boxes...one inside the oth

In New Scientist that the universes rate of expansion seems to be accelerating even faster that they thought it was. They admit they don't have a clue why. They thought that when they started getting data from the gravity wave detectors in 2015 that things would start to make sense, but actually things are making less sense. Lots of head scratching going on in boffin world at the moment...

• Like 1

New Scientist speculated a few years ago that the increase in CO2 levels in the atmosphere could cause a massive increase in plant life that could suck up so much CO2 that it'd go below present levels. This'd then probably cause global cooling & another ice age. Nature has a habit of not doing what boffins think will happen... 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...