Black holes & quantum physics.

But with multiverses there will possibly be lots more Margies as well?  I’d like to meet them all…. But haven’t I read somewhere there are 11 dimensions- is that the same as multiverses? 

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Over the usual Sunday afternoon pint with my physicist and scientific pals it was decided that I did have a purpose in life after all. If we were shipwrecked and in a lifeboat with no means of navigat

I remember when I was only nine or ten, sitting in a classroom looking out of the window and wondering - for the first time - whether I was really there or was all my life a dream, and how could I kno

Schroedinger holds no mystery in this household. If there's a box, there's always a cat in it. That's a probability of 1. When I receive a wine delivery, there are usually 2 boxes...one inside the oth

Why stop at 11? Infinite multiverses?

Infinite Margies, infinite Bens...oh, my goodness, even in an infinite multiverse, would there be enough females to go round?

What if, as Youmg Ms sparrow postulates, there are euqal and opposites?   philmayfield for instance going round giving free man-hugs....   ewwww.

A world where Trump makes sense and our glorious leaders tell the truth....     nah... sorry,,, got a bit carried away for a moment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

PP thank you kind sir, but I’m not all sweetness and light… I do get a bit cross sometimes!!  But then I’m cross with myself for being cross if that makes sense…

I want to meet your alter ego....   squeeeeeeeeeezze... 

41 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

I've never been a touchy feely person. I always recoil from such people! :biggrin:

You need not worry Phil - you need not worry :biggrin:

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

In New Scientist that they've discovered that black holes exert a very tiny pressure. They've discovered this by incorporating quantum field theory with general relativity & viola = up pops pressure... Probably a bit more complicated than my description: I make it sound like they chucked quantum field theory & general relativity into a food mixer & turned it on, I'm guessing that is not what they did. They actually used a supercomputer & scientific noggin to work it out...