I remember central market used to be a record shop there I brought "MY NAME IS JACK" still got it then you had to run through the fish market coz of the smell well I was only 10 ish..... across the road to catch a bus red bus...TRENT? we had moved from the café to Conway Rd then...

from my bedroom window in the distance there was a large concrete structure I think it was in the railway sidings .. think it used to fill the train carriages with coal.... they had to blow it up.....we had the day off school watched it being blown up...................

Johnno, I've got a photograph of me and a friend in Netherfield with that very same concrete thing in the background. As a little girl I thought it looked like a monster. I wondered what happened to it.

It was a locomotive coal filler, and nicknamed The Cenotaph. Every big engine shed one. The locos would pass underneath, and when in position, the coal would come down the shute and fill the tender. The structure was loaded by raising the coal trucks and then tipping the contents in to the holder.

that's the prob with threads items get lost never went to the Regal... past it on my way to school.... nice to see the old pic's on your link you gave

There's a search facilty on the site, just type in the keyword.

it seems a problem that I mentioned the Ritz in a different topic look and sound like we will have to search for every word before we type here

it was only meant in passing as part of an on going chat..... felt like I have had my bot bot smacked...................