What was your favourite toy as a child

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our daughter's favourite toy was Mow (Meow without the e). This was the world's greatest pacifier, guaranteed to keep her quiet. She would put it under her nose and then sniff so that the fur would ke

This is a rather chubby 2 year old me on my Mickey Rocker.

Def. not Mechano' all them nuts,screws,washers and Spanners I Could'nt be doing with em,..........no my favs were me Lead soldiers and a Golliwog which had a great 'Dicky Bow' and Waistcoat,

A Dansett Record Player . And yes it was so dodgy it could well be called a toy .

Phillips cassette player... knob you pushed up to play pull back slide to left or right ffw or rew.. press a button and push up to record .and then you try to stop before you got the DJ voice on the recording when you play back you hear in the background JOHN your dinners ready ........

# 30. My favourite too Ian! Absolutely loved my scooter then one day I hid it under a hedge while I went to play in the local fields and somebody nicked it. I was devastated.

• Upvote 2

When I was quite young my parents bought me a Triang oo gauge electric train set. My Dad, being a joiner by trade, proceeded to build a rather complicated layout. It ended up with my mum telling him to let me play with my own train set. I had many happy hours building up a nice layout.

I had a Pink Witch for my 13th birthday, the Rolls Royce of all bikes at the time........I felt like the bees knees when riding it..........It was about 4th hand when I got it, was advertised in the Hucknall Despatch for 30 bob, I rode it until it died.............

As a very young child it was "Bear" my teddy, but then my most favorite was 2 Meccano sets, a small one and a large one in a wooden case with clockwork motor.

I also love my Triang scooter.

When mum died and we cleared her house, she still had my teddy in a bag, my son grabbed it as he used to be allowed to play with it when he stayed at grans as a child too, and swore it was his, probably flogged it now on evilbay.

Two of my favourite toys were Dinkys, a little Renault Dauphine and a yellow Cadillac Eldorado. The Caddy I used to keep pristine and polished it with 'Mansion polish'. The Renault was for action. Me and my mates used to race our cars across the playground at Trent Bridge Juniors and my Renault Dauphine was often unbeatable. I used to put half a tin of mam's sewing machine oil on the axles first.

I had a dinky Austin A 60 with a steering wheel on top that turned the front wheels. I used to rig it up to a trailer made of meccano gubbins, loved reversing it. When I towed a caravan for the first time I seemed to know instinctively how to reverse it, (turning steering wheel opposite way ect) I put it down to my dinky A 60..

I had a dinky Austin A 60 with a steering wheel on top that turned the front wheels. I used to rig it up to a trailer made of meccano gubbins, loved reversing it. When I towed a caravan for the first time I seemed to know instinctively how to reverse it, (turning steering wheel opposite way ect) I put it down to my dinky A 60..

Corgi, not Dinky, but I know what you mean about reversing because I had one as well.

car_1.jpg

• Upvote 1