near to me someone has an allegro it was a panda car and still has everything inside the Pye radio blue light on top so you say could an allergr classic ??

I think any cars that bring back a memory to some one can be classed as a classic

you could tell a make model of a car at 1st glance individuality but today they all seem the same it must be the wind tunnels computers all the info fed into them and thay all come up with the same car.... Jaguar is a Mondeo Volvo is a focus saab that was is a Vauxhall

My MG Midget is aa MG Midget

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

one for the vintage vehicle fans   Rog

Old Petter engine coming along fine good clean off and top half stripdown and valves ground in,old carbon deposits cleqaned from cyclinder head and piston crown.all filters changed as

Posted Images

one reason all cars look the same is because car makers try to get the drag coefficient down that's why they are all wedged shaped ,years ago car designers used their brains to design a car that looked nice, may be its a reason that 40s, 50s 60s cars are so desirable

• Upvote 1

hi, I can,t see why car designers cannot use their creative juices to design a nice design car, with the use of m.p.u. management systems I can,t see that getting away from the wedge shape is going to have that much effect on m.p.g. sod the wedge shape lets get back to those lovely sexy lines of the cars of yester year.

The Chinese and Korean are even copying classic car logos/badges

A model called Riich from Chery motors of China looks very like the Bentley badge.

The Hyundai model called the Genesis is similar to the Aston Martin Badge.

Did anyone catch up with the fact that the classic white van, the Ford Transit was released 50 years ago last week?

The Japs have a thing called a Mitsuoka (spelling?) take off of a Mk2 Jag. Based on a Nissan Micra. I think they do other look alike besides Mk2 Jags as well

I had a big Citroen Ian . An ID19 in Andalou Blue. Magnificent car.

• 1 year later...

Nothing like a classic of any sort but this topic is the closest I can get to most thing mechanical,my latest project is to bring this old Lister/Petter single cylinder diesel engine back to life,it has a pressure washer attachement fitted to the output shaft,as you can see I have already de-rusted the silencer and cleaned up the air cleaner,I have replaced the oil and drained and cleaned out the fuel tank and filled it with fresh diesel,valve clearances reset and the exhaust valve freed off,it now runs and needs a good clean and general tarting up,don't know whether to leave it on that trolley or try to mount it on the old iron trolley I made for the last engine project the Lister LD 1,

P1050504_zpsby8yhtn0.jpg

P1050505_zpsergrbbu8.jpg

Once I have cleaned and freed off the pressure washer section I plan to use it to clean the engine

Rog

• Upvote 1

Jill.I once cleaned my mountain bike in the shower,unfortunately Mrs P came home early and caught me,it would be an understatement to say we had a quiet night,mountain bike came out very clean though,

Phil,I agree about working with old technology,at least you can work on it,it's a great feeling when, after all that work you swing that handle and the engine fires into life,

Rog

• Upvote 3

I'm always drawn to stationary engines at agricultural shows, especially those that fire at long intervals.  I must peruse eBay once I've got the veg patch, the greenhouses, the rotting field gatepost and the broken fences sorted. Probably next winter!

• Upvote 2