• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

one for the vintage vehicle fans   Rog

Old Petter engine coming along fine good clean off and top half stripdown and valves ground in,old carbon deposits cleqaned from cyclinder head and piston crown.all filters changed as

Posted Images

Got the picture off a readymix concrete website,don't know where it was made or owt about it but it certainly looks different

Rog

• 2 weeks later...

Classic Mini car enthusiast show at the Brayford Pool Lincoln two weeks today if anyone interested,plenty of old Mini's

Rog

• 2 weeks later...

Took this one today at the RAF Waddington viewing area, Reliant Rialto, great little motor, loved mine when I had one, it had 126000 miles on the clock when I sold it and it was still going strong

P1070239.jpg

Rog

Never had a Rialto but I did once have a Reliant Scimitar. The body, being fibreglass didn’t rust. Everything else did! It was a quick car back then with a Ford 3 litre engine. I had it checked by an independent garage after six months from new and was told it wouldn’t pass an MOT in that condition!

• Upvote 1

Still got a soft spot for three wheelers though (some will say the soft spot is between my ears) :rotfl:

Penny_and_trike_(2).jpg

Rog

• Like 3

A Bond, were they powered by a Villiers two stroke engine, and were started by a kick starter under the bonnet

Rog

Great picture by the way

One of the lads at the Clifton church youth club had one. We waited until he was ready to drive off then picked the back end up so he went nowhere. Rotten sods that we were he had to promise a ride in it before we let him go.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

That brings back memories of when I used to drive one back in the 60's. It seemed quite nippy then but I've just checked and the 848cc had a top speed of 75mph and a 0-60mph time of 29.7 secs. I would like to try one again just out of curiosity. The roadholding compared with other cars at the time was extraordinary. I get a hankering from time to time to have a car that I can tinker with. If I open the bonnets on our current cars there's absolutely nothing I can do except top up the screen wash. The last car I could work on was a 2002 Lotus Elise 111S which I bought myself as a 70th. birthday present. I started to do track days at Caldwell Park until I decided I was getting too stiff to climb in and out and it was getting a bit embarrassing in the paddock! I do have a hankering for another Morgan, they only seem to be driven by old farts these days and my wife confirms I fit that description perfectly.

• Like 3

Nice pics but I note not one of them appear original. I always thought the idea of concours was as original as possible.

The first one looks a bit like a small Marcos, the stain on the floor in the second pic was there when he parked up,that one had the seams all smoothed out and it was lowered, I wasn't too sure about it to be fair, looked too odd,but he had spent loads of time and money on it,practically had to lay down in it to drive the thing

Rog

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

The mayflower was a pig to get the cylinder head off we had engine hooks screwed into the spark plug hole but that would just rip the thread out They took a lot of persuasion to come off  The renown was a bigger version not many of those left now meeowed

• Like 2

The pic is an A70, the smaller version A40 was raced (quite successfully) at Long Eaton by Mr Onion Man. He had a big plastic onion on the roof that lit up. The suspension had virtually no damping and went the track almost bouncing clear of the ground.

On the left Vauxhall Victor Estate. In front of it what looks like a Ford Thames van.

On the right, Sunbeam Rapier; Hillman Hunter; Austin Cambridge (or similar); Austin 1100. At the far back, Morris Minor.

Had a Rapier and have driven all the others at various times... including the Silver Cross!

Looks like the Cambridge is towing a box trailer. There is a Moggie 1000 in the far distance.

FIL had the Singer equivalent of the Hunter, a Singer Vouge, nice motor for its day, wooden dash and door caps and an innovation of the day, the first car with rectangular headlights, 1725 cc engine.