• 7 months later...
  • Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

one for the vintage vehicle fans   Rog

Old Petter engine coming along fine good clean off and top half stripdown and valves ground in,old carbon deposits cleqaned from cyclinder head and piston crown.all filters changed as

Posted Images

Strange to say but the older Ford models are becoming quite collectible by enthusiasts. True classics like E Types and big Healeys have gone through the roof on prices. An E Type convertible can command around £150,000 and the coupes £100,000. There must be some money around. Have a look at the prices of cars on Sherwood Restoration’s in Southwell website. You’ll see my old Lotus but the mileage is understated by 2000.

At a garage in Waltham on the Wolds in 1965 I was offered a Jaguar XK150s for £250. That was about 6 months wages and a quote for insurance was more than that... a lot more!

I quite fancy another Caterham 7. I built one from a kit about 25 years ago. My only problem is could I still get in and out of one? There are no doors. I sold my Lotus Elise because of access difficulties. Now my hip's done and I'm flexible again I might give one a try. Really, at my age, I should be past wanting to play with interesting cars!

• 2 weeks later...

I was talked into selling both my Rover P4,s and now regret not keeping one,I needed the lucre to rebuild my model T project, I will have another one when I can ,I never rated them until I rebuilt my first one , I think they are the best made classic car of the lot

I had a P4 way back when but struggled to keep it running properly. The gearbox leaked but had the advantage that the passenger could top it up from inside the car as we drove along.

The overdrive never did work and I couldn't afford a Rover exhaust so I made one, I forget how many exhaust clamps I used but it was a lot!