(This is Paul). We has a green Singer Vogue estate in the early 1960's. Lovely walnut facia and loads of room. Not many left in the country now!!  We also had a Hillman Hunter estate

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

one for the vintage vehicle fans   Rog

Old Petter engine coming along fine good clean off and top half stripdown and valves ground in,old carbon deposits cleqaned from cyclinder head and piston crown.all filters changed as

Posted Images

My neighbour had a Sunbeam Rapier in the 60s.  As I recall the Sunbeam Rapier was the 'sporty' one, the Hillman Hunter, the 'cooking' version, and the Singer Vogue the 'luxury' version of basically the same car.  I'll soon know if I'm wrong.... ;)

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, DJ360 said:

I'll soon know if I'm wrong....

Quite right DJ360 all with basically the same performance and specs, 25-26mpg, 0-60 around 14 seconds.

As we used to say in the trade, the only difference was "sh1t and glitter"

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

do any of the petrol heads on here have any info on Armstrong Siddeley  12 hp  the 1934ish one with a sidevalve 6 cylinder 1400 engine I,ve bought one in a million bits to fettle after I have finished my second p4 Rover

• 3 months later...

I remember trying to get the head off a vauxhall vx4/90with aliminum head the studs would weld themselves to the head but there was a tool that would bolt onto the head bolt which would remove a couple of thou which made head removal easy no more wedges and beating the hell out of head.

• 7 months later...

Took this photo in Cromford the other day. Got to send photo to my brother-in-law who apparently had one in the 60s.  Surely it’s not the original colour .......88129-C14-2311-49-DD-940-F-C20-A185-B3-D

That car lives on Cromford Hill. I think the colour is a bit 'adventurous for a Rover of that era. It is a Rover 12 Saloon c.1945-47.

• Upvote 1

Obviously have no respect for people's personal space and privacy..

Without a confirmation from the original picture taker can't confirm weather the householder approves...

7 hours ago, HSR said:

Re..Last photoI, assume you got permission to take the photograph and post on a open forum? 

I make no apologies to you or anyone else.  

• Like 2

I’ll leave this here.

Taking photos in a public place is not illegal. The only time an offence is committed is if the photographs being taken are considered to be indecent. There is no law stating that you can't take photographs in public. This includes taking photos that include other people's children or taking photos of children directly. An offence will, however, have been committed if the photographs taken are indecent.

"Public Place" is not defined in legislation. A public place is usually a place to which the public are allowed to have access freely and without payment or permission. This includes any public highway or footpath. The inside of a car is also considered as a public place, unless it is parked on private property.

You may take photographs of people or objects (including buildings) whilst in a public place. With a few exceptions the owners of the property cannot prevent you from doing so and people cannot generally object to having their photographs taken

https://www.blpawards.org/competition/photo-rights

• Upvote 2

Google have photographed the whole World from above and most of it at street level.

They've made it all available online.

They didn't ask my permission, they didn't need to.

Someone on the road I live on must have objected as 3 weeks or so after it was originally available the street view of my house and onwards is blurred out.

None of the Satellite view is though.