Marcos! that's the name I was trying to think of!

The mayflower was a pig to get the cylinder head off we had engine hooks screwed into the spark plug hole but that would just rip the thread out They took a lot of persuasion to come off  The renown was a bigger version not many of those left now meeowed

• Like 2

My Dad moaned about them and those large Austin England things...went in one once..pitched and rolled like a paddy full of portar...and they rallied them!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, meeowed said:

The mayflower was a pig to get the cylinder head off we had engine hooks screwed into the spark plug hole but that would just rip the thread out They took a lot of persuasion to come off  The renown was a bigger version not many of those left now meeowed

Which is no bad thing !

The pic is an A70, the smaller version A40 was raced (quite successfully) at Long Eaton by Mr Onion Man. He had a big plastic onion on the roof that lit up. The suspension had virtually no damping and went the track almost bouncing clear of the ground.

How many can you name? Did you have one? 

D8kJdKaXoAAm2L1?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

On the left Vauxhall Victor Estate. In front of it what looks like a Ford Thames van.

On the right, Sunbeam Rapier; Hillman Hunter; Austin Cambridge (or similar); Austin 1100. At the far back, Morris Minor.

Had a Rapier and have driven all the others at various times... including the Silver Cross!

Looks like the Cambridge is towing a box trailer. There is a Moggie 1000 in the far distance.

FIL had the Singer equivalent of the Hunter, a Singer Vouge, nice motor for its day, wooden dash and door caps and an innovation of the day, the first car with rectangular headlights, 1725 cc engine.

(This is Paul). We has a green Singer Vogue estate in the early 1960's. Lovely walnut facia and loads of room. Not many left in the country now!!  We also had a Hillman Hunter estate

My neighbour had a Sunbeam Rapier in the 60s.  As I recall the Sunbeam Rapier was the 'sporty' one, the Hillman Hunter, the 'cooking' version, and the Singer Vogue the 'luxury' version of basically the same car.  I'll soon know if I'm wrong.... ;)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DJ360 said:

I'll soon know if I'm wrong....

Quite right DJ360 all with basically the same performance and specs, 25-26mpg, 0-60 around 14 seconds.

As we used to say in the trade, the only difference was "sh1t and glitter"

• Like 1

Ne'mind the cars, what a smashing picture.

• Like 2

do any of the petrol heads on here have any info on Armstrong Siddeley  12 hp  the 1934ish one with a sidevalve 6 cylinder 1400 engine I,ve bought one in a million bits to fettle after I have finished my second p4 Rover

Not sure what this was at the lights at the Wheelhouse earlier today? When I caught up with it side by side at Crown Island it had a machine gun mounted on the bonnet? Sunday drivers eh? 

EHVO9JKXUAUxpEm?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

It's had a good selection of advisories in the last 7 years.

I asume the "Spikes " stuck on the body are Foam?

I wasn't sure what car it was until I checked on the MOT site and it's apparently a Corsa. Also described as 'Blue'.

I remember trying to get the head off a vauxhall vx4/90with aliminum head the studs would weld themselves to the head but there was a tool that would bolt onto the head bolt which would remove a couple of thou which made head removal easy no more wedges and beating the hell out of head.

What ate you referring to radfordred the cars or the kids dont know the kids names but know the cars.