union road query.

As mentioned in my previous posts, i lived opposite Dennis & Roberts; i often helped with deliveries on a Saturday morning the driver Bob i am sure lived just down Union Rd. Behind Curzon St? I remember going to Bobs gaff - it was a small terrace up some steps ( a bit like clipstone terrace on Peel st.) I remember this because years later i ran a Bennelli bike and there was a dealer with Garelli nearby. Does anyone remember this small raised street or have i gone cuckoo??

I lived 4 Union Cottages off Union Rd from about 1955 to 1959 then joined the army. I went to Shelton St school.

Bought Park Dive or Woodbine fags and a match from a little baccy shop, used to call the bloke who owned it Mr Diddle, he always a fag end in his mouth, so small that its a wonder he didn't burn his lips off.

• Upvote 1

Ian, opposite the top of Curzon St, where Mr Diddle had his shop, was a flight of steps up to Stretton St. This was a dead end to the left, but came out the other way down another set of steps onto Northumberland St, across from the top of Hutchinson St.

• Upvote 1

I lived on Union Road at one time Ian,

Can't answer your first quetion but,

Aggrelli Spares on St Marks Street were Italian Motor Bike importers.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.957644,-1.144797,3a,75y,182.81h,91.26t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s9tilO9LMYSxCbf35Em8WBQ!2e0?hl=en

Agrati actually; as you rightly say they were the importers for Benelli and Garelli . I think you could get parts from them; I ran a Garelli Rekord back in 1976, probably the most unreliable bike I've ever owned! The dealer would probably have been Andy Bone at the top of Huntingdon Street, who saw about of much of my Garelli as I did.

Best memory of Agrati's was the Benelli Six in the window, lusted after that bike for many years.