Found this site at the weekend when looking for info on the old St. Annes. I must say it is good to read other peoples experiences of living in Nottingham. Well done to all contributors, moderators, etc.

A little about myself:

My name is Anthony, Ant when I was a kid, Tony nowadays. Born in 1956 at the City Hospital. I went to Shelton St. Infants school, before progressing to Huntingdon St. Junior school. I was only there for one year before going to Bluebell Hill school (we moved house). I was there at the same time as Viv Anderson before he moved to Clifton.

After Bluebell Hill I went to Elliot Durham Bilateral school until the age of 14 - we were moved out of St. Annes - due to demolishion - when I finished my school days at Wm. Crane.

That is enough of boring all of you.

Cheers

Tony

• Upvote 3

Hello and welcome Tony. I too am a 1956 model born City Hospital and originating from St Ann's. Eastwood since 1959 though!

A great welcome Tony.

Welcome to the Forum Tony, there are a few of us old St Annsians on here but you are the only one I know of who went to Shelto like I did although I left there in 1954 to go to Hunto Juniors, but like you only there for a year before moving away.

This is a great site and I hope you find plenty to interest you and that you get stuck in let us have a share of your memories. Be assured, none of us will be bored!!!

Just seen on another thread that there is someone else went to Shelto, Tompa, so it's like waiting ages for a bus then 3 come along at once!