Pedometer challenge

I certainly did Carni, the app seems to work really effectively so I think I'll stick to it! Only managed 5,529 steps, as you say Carni, it's hard with sitting throughout the day! Did make a conscious effort to get up and about during my breaks though and was doing laps around the house to get the steps up! Hopefully I'll improve tomorrow!

• Upvote 3
  • Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another busy day at Sunny: and very Windy Lytham St Anns. From 12oclock, we have been cycling or walking all afternoon: and I have finally used my Pedometer properly. Most days I have been forgetting

Feel like I'm missing out on the fun (?) here. Better get myself a pedometer and walk the dog more often.

Today my fellow Pedometerists, we have excelled ourselves. We have been working up to attempting our Lytham St Anns to Clevelys cycle ride all week,and today the wind was calmer so we took the plunge

Well done Melissa.Your score is good. Just knowing that your steps are being recorded gives inspiration to do something something extra to add a few on. Even though you are at work, you found a way in your breaks to boost your steps, and the extra steps around the house, all keep you moving, All heart healthy achievements. Good on you Miduck :biggrin:

• Upvote 3

Not a bad start Melissa, That's more than I manage on some days. I was shocked to realise when I first started using my fitbit that on a normal day at home I was only doing around 2-3000 steps, which was why I started using the treadmill. I think you sort of get addicted to it because now I can do 5000 steps and upwards no problem, and love finidng different ways of adding steps.

Yesterday I did 7791 steps without trying, which was excellent as it was an office day, but we were also planning all the floral displays which meant a walk around the site and so the steps were added.

• Upvote 3

When I worked in the stores of a large electronics company, we walked about six miles a day picking parts for despatch.

I soon put paid to that. I moved all items of the same code together, then moved all the most frequently used items nearer the despatch area. It cut down the total daily distance to around three miles. It's all very well counting your steps, but when you've lifted power supply's, generators and other heavy stuff, one needs all the physical assistance one can get. Then there was all the wrapping of pallets with all the big items on., and using the pallet truck to drag then about. It was knackering!!!

Melissa,well done and doing a bit extra as well,looking for reasons to walk around getting the step count up. everyone rising to the challenge is brilliant, hectic day yesterday,backwards and forwards from office to workshop, get some welding done on big earth moving bucket, back to office to answer emails and fill out spreadsheets etc then back to workshop,steps yesterday 10679, well chuffed, office work this morning then out on site this afternoon so will wait and see how we go,legs feeling a bit tired but I now have a target to try and beat and keep up with the other Nottstalgian steppers

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Done well over 10,000 daily steps this week, and at my weekly weigh in I have lost another kilo, woo hoo ! been keeping the cycle wheels turning too, on my daily ride.

Amazing how your fitness level improves, I have 2 hills on my current circuit I cycle, and early on I crawled up them or walked, now I can cycle straight up both and not even be out of breath at the top.

• Upvote 5

it's fantastic the amount of encouragement you get from the comments you guy's post on here,really spurs you on to do a little bit more, I was going to finish the afternoon off in the office but after reading your posts I've decided to have another walk around the site and do the paperwork later, thanks you guy's

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Well done Melissa's Mum. Plantfit. Brilliant Idea :biggrin:

I tried to make a better effort today, after all of my extra calories yesterday. Not quite made the 10,000, but pretty sure I will have by bedtime

Out on the cycles at 8.15am today. Hows that for dedication :biggrin: Our mph has gone up to 8/9mph average, with the occasional 10mph thrown in, so we are thrilled with that.

This morning. General walking round the house sorting clothes and packing for tomorrow. Pedometer 1,320

Cycling 1hr 30mins at average 8mph.....................................................................................Estimate 6,795

This afternoon housework and bits?.......................................................................................Pedometer 1,160

Total 9,275 ish

• Upvote 4

Well done all and especially Melissa's Mum.....wow that will take some beating, even my hubby can't beat that and he is usually around the 15000 mark each day (I don't report it every day it makes me feel inadequate heehee)

So onto my humble offerings after a day (well 2 hours actually) of toilet cleaning....can life get any better??? But I love it really

After lunch a spot of welcome happy campers office/reception work and then out to start on titivating the old flower displays to make room for the summer blooms when they arrive, plus a little TLC for my own little treasures who are quietly growing away in my cheap but effective plastic greenhouse, growbags and pots.

After tea a catch up with Facebooks fitness challenge, a mini circuit training of 3 minutes and I have managed to attain the total of 8024.

• Upvote 4

First day wired up ...... 6,799. That includes taking the dog a walk for 45 mins this morning and another short walk this evening, plus normal routine around the house throughout the day. I did take the pedometer off earlier on to have a look how I was doing and forgot to put it back on again so I missed a few there. Not up to the rate of you seasoned pedometrists (is that a new word?) but I'm trying.

• Upvote 6

That's a good start Lizzie, well done. Having a dog to walk is a great incentive, wonder how many steps he does in a day? A pedometer on his collar?? :)

Nice one Lizzie. It's a bit like Nottstalgia. You will soon be Hooked.

I am off on my Hols this morning: really looking forward to the break. We are taking the cycles and my Pedometer, so hopefully I will be able to work off some of the treats that I know for sure I am going to have.

The Apartment has WIFI, so hopefully I can still use Nottstalgia in my quiet moments.

I must share this with you all. I put one and a half stone on after my OP last year, feeling sorry for my self and became very sedentary.

I had my weigh in this morning, and I have lost 10lbs. The Pedometer challenge is working for me gang. thumbsup

• Upvote 4

Well done all, the steps are mounting up, we should be as fit as fleas soon, steady morning in office today but who know's this afternoon with the shopping run and the garden to do, will have to see, yesterday step count: 9482, nearly there but at least heading in the right direction

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

#110. 27,000 steps is unbelievable, Melissa. Are you sure that is correct? In one day?

Good Evening All. Today has been a very awkward day to moniter my steps, because this morning I was very busy packing and travelling: and this afternoon I was very busy unpacking and chillin'.

We managed to get a walk this afternoon on the sand, and again to and from the pub for our evening meal The Lord Derby( Nice choice Katyjay) I had my Ped on and managed to record 4,470.

Not brilliant but I only managed to have the ped on for two short blasts. There was a while this morning when I was zooming about the house unrecorded?

Sunny but very windy here: so I lathered on the moisturiser to go for our beach walk. After a while we sat on a bench and I brushed some hair from my face. As I touched my face it felt just like a human "Emery Board". The wind had blown the sand on to my moisturised skin and Set. You could scrape it off. Haha, Good Old Blackpool.

Anyway Miducks, Can't wait till tomorrow to get the cycles out. I'll soon get my steps in tomorrow. Good Luck with your scores gang.

• Upvote 4

#117 my Mum works walking around the Old General hospital for 4 hours straight. She also has to walk quite a bit of the way to and from work. She also went shopping and walked to the post office and back. It'll be interesting to see how a normal day at work minus the shopping trip will add up. Also worth mentioning that results were from 5am to 10pm

• Upvote 4

I would imagine your true total was well over what you recorded Carni, and well done on your weight loss, always a great boost to the confidence and encourages you to keep up with the work thumbsup Have a great holiday.

Melissa I can well believe your Mum gets in a good amount of steps. With my fitbit I am a member of the Fitbit Forum, and in particular of a Diabetes group. There are 45 of us in that particular group and we have a league table of how you do with your steps. I am usually around 10th-12th. the person who is at the top averages around 42000 steps a day!!! so 27000 is easily attainable if you have the sort of job where you are on your feet all day.

My total for today (and this being another office/duty warden day for me) is 8582, helped along by my double circuit of the site tonight. I am now at the stage where I feel guilty if I haven't done my nightly round!!

Have a good weekend walkers.

• Upvote 2

It is surprising how walking a short distance can quickly raise the step count. Today on the beach we were both surprised at how quickly the Ped recorded 100 hundred steps. we did a count ourselves, just to check it was accurate. It was!

I sometimes forget to put it on first thing in the morning and back on again after returning from a cycle ride: consequently quite a few steps aren't recorded.

PS. If you have got short legs like me: you don't have to go as far to make 100 steps, as tall people who take long strides. :rolleyes: I think? Haha.

• Upvote 4

You guy's are just brilliant,and the encouragement given to each other just shows that the Nottinghams helpful and friendly spirit is far from dead what a close knit community Nottstalgians are,Yesterdays steps were 8974,didn't bother walking around Sainsbury's so sat in the pickup truck watching the young ladies walking by,(some of them raised my heartbeat though yada ) Mrs P at the gym this morning while I put up the new ceiling light in the living room then I think it's a walk round Newark for an hour or two so will see how I fare today,keep stepping guy's you are doing brilliant

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Having a "Lay in" this morning seeing as I'm on my hols. As soon breakfast is over: it's bikes out! Going to make full use of my Ped and cycle today. I'm hoping for a good result.

Well done plantfit, Look at all the interest growing. thumbsup

• Upvote 2

Post 122 LizzieM don't feel inadequate because you're not, any one who makes an effort is more than adequate in my book, well done any effort is positive effort no matter how great or small

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1