Pedometer challenge

I admit to going onto the internet to read about what ails me - only the serious stuff like prostate cancer and my heart. I don't do it to hear the worse, I do it to understand the problem. My cardiologist's report was written to my doctor, with a copy to me. There are abbreviations and words in the report that I do not understand, so I go on a recognised medical site to get the answers, eg. ACE, LV and SAM, and the meanings of words like hypotrophic.

Chulla intends to be around long enough to taunt you boggers till the cows come home.

Michael, if I did they must have died because they never came knocking at my door!

• Upvote 3
  • Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another busy day at Sunny: and very Windy Lytham St Anns. From 12oclock, we have been cycling or walking all afternoon: and I have finally used my Pedometer properly. Most days I have been forgetting

Feel like I'm missing out on the fun (?) here. Better get myself a pedometer and walk the dog more often.

Today my fellow Pedometerists, we have excelled ourselves. We have been working up to attempting our Lytham St Anns to Clevelys cycle ride all week,and today the wind was calmer so we took the plunge

Hope the cardiologist will soon be able to sort out your heart problems. When is your next appointment?

Margie, The cardiologist's letter just says that there will be another appointment with him in six months, but I will soon be given a date for the MRI scan. The bisoprolol tablets run out next week so will have to see my doctor for some more. Will 'interrogate' him for his opinion.

• Upvote 2

Pile of pine needles burned now. All that's left to do is sit and watch and wait till the fire dies down to ash, then I can turn the hose pipe on it to soak it. When I know nothing can flare up again, I call the

P.D. and F.S. to tell them it's out. THEN I can get scrubbed. The good thing is I've done 9978 steps this morning. Hubby says it's a pity the ped doesn't recognise tha t we've been bending up and down picking up armsful of needles, and given us double! Found out last night as I was knitting, the ped was giving me steps for my arm movement. D u dn' expect that, will have to take it off to knit!

• Upvote 3

Well Done everyone, You have all had some busy days, All good for your step count, and mainly helping to keep us Fit and Healthy.

Yesterday we were grounded because of BT work at home, so I only had my Ped results to show for my activities. Even though I was getting Cupboards and Wardrobes and general Shelf tidying done, the step count doesn't show the movements. I only managed to make 3,425. I have an exercise bike, kept out of the way behind my Settee, for when we can't get out on the Bikes. Would you believe, we have had such dry weather just lately, that we moved it out into the garage on Thursday and because I couldn't see it, I completely forgot to use it! Oh Hum.

The sun is shining this morning, Chris has worked us a new route out approx 14miles, but he says that there are many little lanes along the way that we can add to the route or cut it down if it gets too arduous. Right then. Better get my gear on and get "On Mi Bike Son" Report in later.

• Upvote 1

What a step count you are all putting in,who'd have thought it would generate so much interest when the topic was first started? seems like everyone is getting fitter and healthier,brilliant, my step count for yesterday was 10842,spent a lot of my time following someone on a tractor who I was giving training instructions too, no extra seat in the tractor so give him some tasks to perform on it then follow him on foot ready to give next set of instructions to him,he is also towing a water bowser and I am giving instruction on how to operate that,all good for getting the steps in but hard on the legs walking through sand,good to get in the fresh air for a change,great step counts everyone and good to hear how Katyjay got her step count,we tend to walk about over here,Katyjay is moving forests,different

Keeeeep stepping

Rog

• Upvote 2

Well just look at the steps you have all added over the last few posts 9,978 Katyjay, 10,842 Plantfit, 10,167 darkazana. Fantastic, and mine today total 10,758. Feel proud Pedometrists, I think we deserve it.

We were out on the cycles this morning for two and a half hours and to be honest, the route Chris worked out for us, was at times a bit to much for me. We were OK on the flat by the Canal, but down the lanes some of the hills got to me abit. One particular one over the canal was very steep. I really should have got off and walked, but you know what it's like, the temptation to keep going was too strong. I paid for it at the top though, I couldn't talk or cycle or even have a drink, i was so "Puffed Out", we had to rest for a good few mins.

We were out nearly three hours, but we had a few stops, so I have registered my usual 2hrs at 7mph 7,812 + Ped 2,946 = 10,758.

Keeeeep Stepping Everyone, :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Office day yesterday, but had managed over 4000 by teatime.

After tea made a cake then decided to go for a quick blast round the site, through the woods, to burn off the sneaky baileys magnum I had after tea. Which was fine until I realised I had missed or taken a wrong turn...ooops. With the bracken so high it's easy to do. Fortunately came out on a road where some cyclists were passing and realised I was just a few steps away from the Camping and Caravanning Club site which is next door to us. Thinking about my poor cake I power walked back to familiar territory. Total steps 7008, not as much as I would have liked but still above 6000.

Cleaning day today and then off to repair some serious rabbit damage in the wildlife haven, but more about that later on the wildlife haven thread.

Happy stepping this sunny Sunday folks

• Upvote 1

keep cycling the same route a few times carni and you will fly up those hills,great step count 10758,is there no stopping you? and Darkazana,getting lost and still step counting,there's commitment for you, me,half day at work and I must admit I was a tad lazy,sat outside Sainsbury's for an hour waiting for Mrs P to get the weekly shop,last night a trip over to Nottingham for Brother and Sister in law's barbi, saw loads of family I've not seen in years,must admit I got a bit emotional,had a great time though,so my reduced step count was a measly 8291,off To Nottingham again this afternoon for youngest grandson's christening.

Keeeeep stepping you are all hero's (fitter hero's)

Rog

• Upvote 2

I think you are doing really well everyone, glad to read that you got back safely darkazana and I hope you managed to save your cake! I agree It is good to see family plantfit, you can't beat a summer barbi for bringing everyone together.

My Steps today are all Pedometer, no cycling! We had a lovely walk around Wollaton Park and Hall today as it was "Armed Forces Day". it has been a few years since we last went there. The Hall has always been one of my favourite buildings.

Well I managed to make 7,345 by the end of the day, Mainly from my visit to Nottingham, only a few this afternoon as we were in the car for quite a while, travelling back, and dropping our son off on the other side of town, and then we went out again at 6pm and treated our selves to evening dinner at our local Fayre and Square Restaurant. Well you have to don't you.!

Well Done Peeps. Keeeeep those feet a steppin'.

• Upvote 3

Seem to be getting behind in posting just recently.

Usual cleaning day at work, then taking end of month water readings, defrosting and cleaning ice cream freezer (in just half an hour) plus trying to scupper bunnies burrowing activities (tell you later if it worked) and still only 6678 steps today.....must try harder but too tired to do the site circuit walk.

Day off today and going over to Hillington to help our friends put up a walk in chicken run followed by a BBQ if the weather stays fine.

Have a great day steppers

• Upvote 2

Ah well ped friends, I hope you have all had a good day in the quest for getting fitter.

It is relax time now, so the only steps that I will be doing from now on will be the ones gained going up the wooden hill. We had our usual cycle ride this morning, and we chose the time of day to do it wisely as it hotted up as the morning went on. Since I started to have health problems, I can't take the sun, it triggers the AF. so I had to stay indoors this afternoon. I just did a bit of housework to bring my steps up a bit.

Here we go. Dallying deducted :biggrin: 1hr 45mins at 7mph = 6,839 + Ped = 3,320 = Total 10,159.

Keeeeep Stepping everyone. It's doing you good. :)

• Upvote 2

Well today I didn't really go anywhere on foot apart from a walk round the Council House and down Exchange Walk and I knocked up 4674 steps - 2.13 miles, 1949 total calories. Yikes!

• Upvote 3

Nice one Pianoman, You deserved a nice lunch in one of the pubs, for your reward. The Roebuck perhaps? It really is surprising how quickly those steps mount up. Well done Miduck.

Keeeeep Stepping :)

• Upvote 1

Birthday cake eaten at coffee time (yes it survived my adventure in the woods the other night) - lemon and raspberry fresh cream sponge - then a lovely walk through the woods to start the day.

A couple of hours helping with the chicken then much sitting and eating of BBQ. Total steps 8384

Back to office duties today, but as it hots up maybe not such a bad idea especially as my shoulders caught the sun yesterday.

Hope you manage to get out again before the heat of the day Carni. Not a bad tally for staying out of the sun though.

Pianoman still a goodly amount of steps, they soon add up.

• Upvote 2

8724 for me yesterday,plenty of office work to be done,not behaved at all so far today,office work for first couple of hours then a drive to Horncastle to take the bank money for end of month,two doors away from the bank is Cooplands the cake and pie shop,well it would be unsociable not to support them so a sausage roll and two yum yums were purchased (just to be sociable mind) sat in the truck and ate the sausage roll and one yum yum,will save the other one for this afternoons cup of coffee,anyway back to the steps,walked some of the site doing a boundary inspection for the quarry regs,(should up the step count a bit)a short spell in the workshop using big hammer to knock a bearing and collar off a shaft (bloody hard work that) returned to office,looked at remaining yum yum but so far have resisted temptation,getting ready now to fit new bearings to shaft when they arrive.

Keeeeep stepping you fit pedometerists you are doing brilliant

Rog

• Upvote 1

Another busy office day today, and because it's month end and I was the lucky one on duty most of the day has been spent counting stock and reconciling vouchers and all that sort of exciting stuff. Managed so to get just over 4000 steps and then went for a trek around the site, through the woods and not get lost, but only one circuit so have a total of 6315.

Cleaning routine and outside day tomorrow hope it's not too hot, I shall strive to make 8000 at least.

In the meantime folks happy stepping.

PS Just had an email from fitbit that I have earned my Serengeti Badge - apparently since having my fitbit I have walked 500 miles which is the length of the Serengeti :) I think I may have to go and sit down for a while now!

• Upvote 2

Well, darkazana and plantfit, you have both been very busy in your offices again but you managed to get your steps in! darkazana making 6,315. plus your fitbit Serengeti badge for 500miles, the length of the Serangeti. Congratulations. I'm impressed.

Well done plantfit you made 8,724, that is brilliant. A well deserved sausage roll and yum yum. I hope you enjoyed them. I must add, me and my Yam Yam love Yum Yums! We buy ours from Greggs. We can eat two each, usually in the car park. no problem!

We managed a Canalside ride this morning before it got too hot, just enough to give my steps a boost. We did just over an hour = 4,883 plus my Ped = 2,410

Grand total of 7,293. The afternoon has been so hot that I haven't moved around much, at least I got some of my long awaited sewing done. From the looks of tomorrows forecast, there is a chance it could be too warm even early morning to go on the cycles. We'll see!

Keeeeep Stepping. :)

• Upvote 2

I've worn my pedometer for 9 days now. The first day was only a oartial one with 4654 steps, but the 9 days total 104,825 steps. I'm pleased with that. The best day was 16,191.

• Upvote 4

Katyjay, average of 11,647 steps a day is great,do you go out to increase your step count or are they just the norm?

carni take care in this warm weather on your cycle or walking

Darkazana,perhaps we should appoint distance badges for individual step counts,could add another dimension to the challenge

Well done all and keeeep stepping (only if its safe to do so)

Rog

• Upvote 2

I walk some mornings, but most of my steps are just doing everyday stuff. My house is on 4 levels, so lots of stairs. The day I had my bonfire, I did 16,191 steps.

• Upvote 3

An added bonus going up and down those stairs Katyjay. Just reading your posts shows that you exceed the 10,000 daily steps without trying. Got to be good.

Thanks plantfit for the advice. The cycles are locked away in the garage untill it cools down. Today it is 31degrees celsious. Not having a good effect on the pair of us. 2,584 on my Ped at the moment, just by supermarket shopping and moving around the house (at a snails pace)! I am not expecting to record many steps today. Soon make up for it, when it's safe. Stay Cool everyone!

• Upvote 1

Today the weather stopped play for us in Sunny W-ton. 31celsius/ 87 Farenheit for us today, which means that there has been very little movement in our house all day. I have caught up with all my sewing, and we have done that many crosswords etc that my brain is buzzing!

As you see from the post above, at 2.30pm my step count made 2,584. That was because we went to Morries. From then on it didn't go up much at all. I managed to reach 4,350, and with this heat, I have to accept the lowish step count. Roll on tomorrow, hopefully it will cool down, and maybe, just maybe, we can get the bikes out?

Hope the heat hasn't caused you Pedometerists any problems, and you are manageing to stay cool and Keeeeep Stepping (Very Very Slowly).

• Upvote 1

35c here near Coningsby Lincs yesterday,probably even warmer in the quarry with the sun and heat coming off the sandy ground,anyway, fully clothed in dayglow hi vis orange,trousers,long sleeved shirt,hard hat, safety glasses,gloves,laced up safety ankle boots,I set off for a walk around some of the site,exposed skin covered in DEB Sun Protect 30 high,UVB 5 star cream,the walk was slow as you can imagine,climbed to the top of a couple of sand stock piles,and walked along a five meter high bund doing a bit of a boundary inspection,stopped near the workshop to make sure the contractors on site were safe then made my way back to the office for a coffee and email catchup,steps accumalated yesterday were 12187, my neck is aching,my legs are aching,I even think my eye lashes are aching but today is another day so who knows

Keeeeeep stepping as long as it's safe and you are covered in sun block and keep hydrated you Nottstagia pedometerist hero's

Rog

• Upvote 1