I would sometimes like to copy a still image from the Live Stream covering the Perigrine Falcon, and post it on the "Nottingham Falcons" thread, I know it can be done, because members have posted images. Can anyone give me instructions please, because I am baffled. Thankyou.

Thankyou Fynger, That is how I usually copy, but for some reason this is what comes up when I right click on the Falcons

About J W Player 5.9.2156 (Licensed version)

Toggle Full Screen

Stretching is exactfit

Settings...

Global Settings...

About Adobe Flash Player. 17.0.0.169...

Any ideas?

Just tried it carni, is it something like this you're after ?

DSC_0039_zpsjnhpcdrf.jpg

If it is, all I did was LEFT click the image, it then open up a Photobucket window with the said image, to the right of the windows are the links, then copy !

• Upvote 1

I open the falcons to full page then click on the keyboard to take a screenshot (PrtScn) when I see what I want.

From there I go to 'Start'....'Paint' ....then click on the clip board top left corner ....this shows your picture.Then click above the clipboard and choose 'save as' from the drop down box.Screenshot is now in your pictures folder.

Catfans method only works on a photobucket picture...not a direct pic from the nest site

2ii7mkw.jpg

• Upvote 1

I have been trying to follow the instructions for ages, but no luck. I get to the clip board on paint and when I click it, no picture shows up. I am stumped as to why?

I am not sure whether all the keys on my Laptop are connecting properly, and the PRTSC might not be copying? I will just keep trying, the instructions seem easy enough to follow. Thankyou Poohbear.

I will have to get my Laptop checked out, because I can follow the instructions easily enough. I have gone over and over the instructions, but no picture appears when I click Clip board. Thankyou for your help.

I use a variation of Poohbears instruction .Maybe my old keyboard .

When I see a suitable view , I press the control key CTL button and the PRTC button at the same time .

Open up Paint and press EDIT button from top menu .Select PASTE from drop down menu and image should appear .

Then press save as and give image a name .It will be saved in your pictures folder .

Fyngers method is the same as I would use and it works for me. I haven't posted the picture here, no point, but when I clicked 'paste image' it appeared in this box that I am now typing in. I just deleted it again before posting.

• Upvote 2

I have just tried Fyngers method again, it is very simple to carry out and I can't understand why I dont get the window with the Copy option in it. I only get a Window containing the words that I have added on #3. I just want to check that you are copying from a live stream?

I am about to try Davids method!

No luck. On my Laptop I have a PRTSC but no PRTC. I went through the procedure using CTRL and PRTSC, but when I went into Paint. I couldn't find EDIT anywhere. I'm sure I have a Gremlin in my Laptop!

Sorry I meant PRTSC (typing from memory on my phone !)

On my version the EDIT button is second from left next to the FILE button along the top menu

• Upvote 1

Pianoman. That is scarey in big size!! Seeing your post makes me wonder if you are talking about copying "Still Images" I want to copy from Live Stream.

David, I will have another look. No. I don't seem to have an Edit anywhere on the Paint page. Something is not right. I believe my Laptop needs sorting out. I can't do it, so I must wait til my son calls. It is very frustrating. I have five of you trying to help me, and I still can't do it. I'll have another try when my Laptop has been checked over.

Thanks everyone for your patience.

#16 Poohbear, I have had a problem with letters not printing when I type in posts. I have to check every time and I always have to add some missing letters. I think you are right and my Keyboard doesn't perform properly.

#17 David, I scrolled down the Link you gave and there are some very good instructions on how to Screne Print and paste in Paint. I will definately use it when I have had my Laptop checked over.

Thankyou everyone for your help. I thought it only fair to let you know what my problem was! On my Laptop some of the keys have duel functions. My PRTSC key is as shown

here. END with the bottom function greyed out. To use it, on my keyboard I have to simultaniously press FN and PRTSC. seems OK?

PRTSC

Thankyou everyone for your help. I thought it only fair to let you know what my problem was! On my Laptop some of the keys have duel functions. My PRTSC key is as shown

here. END with the bottom function greyed out. To use it, on my keyboard I have to simultaniously press FN and PRTSC. Seems OK?

PRTSC

Sorry I seem to have done this post twice.