Is anybody else experiencing any recent problems accessing Photobucket?

For the last couple of days I have been unable to log into Photobucket in the usual way. Subsequently I can only view photographs in my Library in a thumbnail format and unable to upload.

I am hoping it is a temporary glitch on their server but until it is resolved I cannot edit or upload any photographs onto Nottstalgia.

Any useful information or advice would be appreciated.

Using Linux, I use a script blocker. When I log onto Photobucket I am always surprised ar how many other sites seem to want to run as well, doubleclick etc. if I don't click to allow them I can't access my photos. Don't seem to have that problem with Picasa web. I hate it when sites that I want nothing to do with try to muscle in.

I have used CCleaner for years and I agree it works very well.

Another one that I use is called SuperAntiSpyWare that is well worth trying, it's a freedownload

Try it you will be surprised how much spyware it gets rid of.

A friend of mine was prepared completely clean his hard drive and reinstall everything, which would have taken a couple of days because of all the updates etc, but ran SuperAntiSpyWare and hej presto everything was back to normal.

• Upvote 1
  • 7 months later...

#9 - I've had it a few times particularly if using PNG and then other times it works. There's no reason if you are posting externally hosted images that IPB should complain. Try opening the file in an image editor and save it as another file type such as GIF and try that.

Photobucket has problems, I stopped using it at the beginning of the year. I use Imgur now which seems much better.

Well tried to post images again! Photobucket and Imgur and get the same error message!

You are not allowed to use that image extension in this community.

Most frustrating it is.............

Perhaps I am blocked from putting up images in some way.

One image 60kb and the other 70kb so they are not large pics.................

Any ideas out there?

But it does matter mick what image extensions you are using. With a myriad of different extensions about there has to be a limit of some sort.

JPEG are highly compressable leading to smaller file sizes as well, ideal for internet use.

I use jpegs but have tried gifs with same result.

Pictures are either scanned (original photos) or from the web.

Thanks for reading and helping

But it does matter mick what image extensions you are using.

Why?

If it's hosted elsewhere this software shouldn't care less. If it's allowable in the admin settings for upload to here it should upload, end of. Also, there are different reasons for choosing a particular image type, they all have different properties and uses.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anybody else experiencing any recent problems accessing Photobucket?

For the last couple of days I have been unable to log into Photobucket in the usual way. Subsequently I can only view photographs in my Library in a thumbnail format and unable to upload.

I am hoping it is a temporary glitch on their server but until it is resolved I cannot edit or upload any photographs onto Nottstalgia.

Any useful information or advice would be appreciated.

I know thi sone is kind of old, but i am having a problem that seems to have the ways of showing up. But it is only intermittent. And I am not sur ewhat is going on. Anyone notice this more recently. Thanks.

Yes, Just tried to upload an image, but told me, after download blue line had been at it for about two minutes, that download had failed. Came out of it and then tried again. painfully slow and eventually stopped. Came out of it and tried again - this time got through. Went into library and found all three images there!

I've seen all those symptoms at various times in the past. They come and go, and I don't think it's anything to do with you or your computer. Photobucket is a bit flakey and temperamental for a lot of its time; you just have to sit it out and wait for the thing to calm down.