I know that a lot of you Nottstalgians have many books on old Nottingham and there's one particular book of photos that I have somewhere that I'm anxious to find. I've had this house upside down in recent days, rearranged our bookshelves, gone through drawers, cupboards, boxes but just cannot find this particular book anywhere. It's an Evening Post 'glossy' publication from the early 80's. They used to publish these regularly and my parents bought quite a lot of them, which I have now ........ all except the one I want! This book has a close up photo of the VE Day celebrations in the Old Market Square in 1946 and my Mum and her brother are smiling up at the camera, it's a lovely photo. I think the publication may be called 'Nottingham At War' and I think there may also be a picture in there of the bomb crater left on the Meadow Lane pitch, no jokes about Notts County now please!

If anyone has this book, I'd really appreciate a copy of the photo I'm talking about.

On the night of 8 May 1941, bomb damage produced craters at Meadow Lane and the ground was subsequently closed. This meant that 1941.42 was the only season when no football was played by the Magpies.  photo bomb craters_zpsn4mjmbxp.jpg

The only season...!!!!!!! Some would say none has been played there for years, but not me.....

• Upvote 1

There's one on eBay, £8.68 plus £1.75 postage.

• Upvote 1

That's the one Lizzie.

# 15, no she's not on that pic Robbie. And no Catfan, that's not the title. It's called 'Nottingham at War' and has a dark green border around the front cover. Just managed to buy it on eBay and I'm delighted. Expect my copy will jump out and bite me now, still I can always give a copy to my brother.

My mum might be on another section of that photo though Robbie!

• Upvote 2

Fantastic, my Mum's on that picture Catfan! Half way up on the right hand side. Behind a 'black' fella and in front of someone raising their left arm. Her brother is standing to her right in a wide-striped tie. Isn't she lovely?!! Age 21, bless her.

Thanks, was it in Sue's book?

• Upvote 3

Yes it is !

My book actually, she was tasked to go find the book !

We all know now where you get your looks from !

I think my book is the same or a watered down version Lizzie, if your ebay purchase falls through then you are more than happy to this book, free & gratis !

• Upvote 1

Yes, Lizzie, your Mum does look lovely. I don't know what you look like, so can't say whether you look like her! When are you going to be brave enough to change your avatar!!

I might put my previous avatar on, it's about 3 years old though. Only put the 5 year old with teddy on because all the other gals did similar a few months ago.

• Upvote 1

#23 Lizzie, You'll be in good company Miduck. I'll come clean, mine is about 3/4yrs old. I only know because I bought the red top for a dance lol. The memory needs these little jogs these days. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2