There are two different books on this subject

Nottingham's WAR (1995) (Blue front)

NOTTINGHAM AT WAR (1986)(Green front)

Both published by the Evening Post

• Upvote 1

Got this for my 60th Glad I copied it to a CD as I seem to have lost the VHS tape.P1020086_zpswcgrkekm.jpg

• Upvote 2

#18 and #1

Hi Lizzie,

I have a book called Nottingham in Old Photographs 1944 to 1974. The picture you are looking for is on page 13. There are also more photos of VE day celebrations in the square. The book is by Douglas Whitworth and the ISBN number is 0-86299-973-1. The library will probably have it. Hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

Lizzie, now I can see YOU, I can see you do resemble your Mum. Lovely pic of you...

I don't think we have been in Cognito, have we catfan? Anyroad, where is it, anywhere near Bulwell?

You're right Catfan, I can't. I'm sure the photo that DOES show my Mum is marked as being 1946. Would that be correct or a printing error by Evening Post publications? Quite probably their mistake, they don't get many facts correct do they?! If it truly was taken in 1946 then maybe there was a celebration of 1st Anniversary.