boombox2 funny you should say that rob, i've been having start up problems booting i think they call it,

i switch my com on and all i get is a screen which say's Master disc not found and a bleeping noise from the inside.

this dosen't alway's happen but when it does i switch the com off and restart it, that sometimes cures the problem and it starts as normal.

if after several attempts this proceedure dosen't start it i take the side off the com and wiggle a few conections to the hard drive and to the MOBO and that normally cures it for several day's...

do you think that i might have a loose conection somewhere, like after time it's working loose, by the vibrations that is made by the two fans that are on the inside........?

cheers in anticipation.......

Yeah an me

I've got a laptop. Starts ok, but after a while the screen fades till its totally black.

Sometimes the screen flashes.

;) Your problem mick with your laptop sounds a battery one..

;) have you seen him spying again GoogleBot.

me dad sez, can you help him with his computer. he sez he's having trouble upgrading from dos v6.00 to windows 3.11, only he's got some stuff he's had given him, and it's not working.

also can anyone help him on level three of 'Santa's Downhill challenge' he sez he's having trouble avoiding the penguins. any help would be appreciated.

me dad sez, can you help him with his computer. he sez he's having trouble upgrading from dos v6.00 to windows 3.11, only he's got some stuff he's had given him, and it's not working.

also can anyone help him on level three of 'Santa's Downhill challenge' he sez he's having trouble avoiding the penguins. any help would be appreciated.

I was wondering how fast this computer would run in Dos?

RIGHT FIRST THINGS FIRST Black ice Picasso YOUR PROBLEM IS DUST OR BAD CONNECTION I HAD THE SAME PROBLEN ALL I DID WAS DISCONNECT EVERY THING YOU CAN IN YOUR COM HOVER ALL THE DUST OUT RECONNECT EVERYTHING AND MAKE SURE YOUR HARDDRIVE CABLE IS IN GOOD COMDITION AND THERE NO BENT PINS ON THE BACK OF YOUR HARDDRIVE THAT SOULD SORT IT IF IT DOSE NOT CONTACT ME THE CABLE JUST NEED A GOOD CONNECTION RIGHT NEXT.....

son of wally I DONT THINK I CAN HELP YOU ARE YOU TRYING TO INSTALL A OLD OLD VIRSION OF WINDOWS IF SO THEN LET ME KNOW..... NEXT

mick2me IV HERD THIS PROBLEM A LOT IF ITS AN OLD LAPTOP THE SCREEN DONT LAST LONG OR YOUR VIDEO DRIVERS ARE NOT WORKING TRY REINSTALLING VIDEO DRIVERS CONTACT ME IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW

SORRY ABOUT THE SPELLING IM GOOD ON COMPUTERS BUT CRAP AT SPELLING !situp!

Windows 3.1??? I had that on my very first computer...back in '96!!! You're joking, right? Is it even possible to UPGRADE to 3.1?

Everyone, I think Son of Wally is pulling our leg! How come everything he posts has something to do with what Dad says?! How old are you, son of Wally? Do you still live with Dad? !rotfl!

I know Wally ,he definately does not live with his dad,but he visits him a lot hey Wal?? compusmash