I have noticed that there has been a sudden increase of new members. I'm sorry, myself and some other members have been very neglectful in not welcoming them to NS.. So all new members a very big welcome and hope to see you posting regularly with your memories and stories about Nottingham. On here we are a very friendly group no matter what you read in the posts. The banter and jokes come freely and frequently, so join in. Please don't join and disappear .

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am so glad my sister told me about this site. Having just moved back after more years than I care to remember I am by myself a lot. I have joined a couple of things at the library which get me out t

As a newish member (joined October 14) I must say I enjoy this site. One thing I find (and perhaps it is just me) is that when I browse a subject and read the conversation you all obviously know each

Exactly how I felt Jonab, Now funny you said about translating back and forth , I have a similar problem. There are many situations, phrases and words that I have forgotten in English. Sometimes the w

How remiss of us oldies to forget to give a warm and genuine welcome to newbies. We were all wrapped up in shed talk. 

We hope that you find this site fascinating, interesting and informative. Welcome !  smile2

• Like 4

Oldies? Hope you mean in the sense of being here a long while. At 76 I still consider myself a youngie. Some dayssmile2

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Ha, ha, nonna, I meant members of long standing !  Phew ! Got out of that one ok..... Hopefully !  :Friends:

• Like 3

Maybe 'established members' is a safe phrase Fly.  Don't want to incur the wrath of all the oldies...  ... oops.:wacko:

Anyway, here's a big welcome to all new members from me too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, FLY2 said:

Ha, ha, nonna, I meant members of long standing !  Phew ! Got out of that one ok..... Hopefully !  :Friends:

Nope! your card is well and truly marked now...    :inthebin:

• Upvote 1

Brew, I'm on my second card already this year!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Brew said:

Nope! your card is well and truly marked now...    :inthebin:

Does that mean I'm rubbish or a well paid up member

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Reading though all post 

WHERE O' WHERE are all our new members???? 

We seem to have a lot sign up but never hear from them again,

IS IT ME/US are we not making them welcome?

Everyone is made welcome on this site,just look at the responses from members saying things like "enjoy the site,welcome,have fun, friendly site,there's always someone who can help", etc,etc, A few people join the site and just use it as a reference place to find something/someone/some place they are looking for, others just ask a quick question and go as soon as they get an answer and some others stay and join in the fun,whatever the reason we keep getting new members and we keep losing members,suppose thats the nature of the beast,

Rog

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Hi Cliff Ton and Beekay i have not a clue what all the stammering is all about i dont know what happened not very good on these machines but i sent Cliff Ton a text the other day about Brown Bros in Nottingham did you received it !

13 hours ago, IAN FINN said:

but i sent Cliff Ton a text the other day about Brown Bros in Nottingham did you received it !

I've not seen anything. When you say a Text, what exactly did click on...and where ?   

If you wanted to say something about Brown Bros (who I don't know of) it's best to make your post in a thread in the normal way, and then everyone else can also see it and possibly comment.

Brown Brothers were Motor Factors and Electrical wholesalers and possibly more but I used them for both the above.

They were in the building  called Antenna in this image across from the Post Office sorting office.;

Seems Antenna is a Pub ,Bar, Restaurant.

https://www.google.com/maps/@52.9558412,-1.1427626,3a,75y,214.09h,90.92t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1suNOakVb8Tu-LR4cvP265DA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Well there's nowt as strange as folks eh ! A newbie posted once, and I knew it was someone from FFGS, so I replied to their request via pm, as some details were personal. That was six months  ago, and the PM hasn't even been read yet. This is probably the third time this sort of thing has happened. Very odd.

So much for forum etiquette ! 

2 hours ago, FLY2 said:

A newbie posted once, and I knew it was someone from FFGS, so I replied to their request via pm, as some details were personal. That was six months  ago, and the PM hasn't even been read yet.

Has that person has ever logged in since they made the post you referred to ? 

It's the point I've made before about people registering, making one post, and then forgetting what they did or where they did it.

Not read I'm afraid. B, you've had pms, look at the top.

Top right hand side. It states you, and the other member in the conversation. Underneath are the times !  :wacko:

I know when I  get a notification of a pm and when I  click on the envelope icon, I  can see whats what. But how do you know if someone hasn't  bothered to read your sent message.?