Hi gang, thought you might like to know that Pixie has sent me a note to say that she had a new baby on Valentine's day. It's a girl called Evelyn.

• Upvote 8

Pixie! You are truly blessed. I hope your time with your children will be as happy with the time I had with mine. (all grown up and fled the nest now).

Hi all! I received a message from compo about the thread and I want to thank you all for your kind words!

I had a difficult pregnancy, it made me quite poorly and I could barely walk, I found myself spending less time online so just fizzled away from my social media and forums. I have a couple of Facebook groups iv recently had to play catch up on and today I will be doing the same on the forum. I apologize for my disappearing act :)

Evelyn (evlin as it seems to be pronounced all sorts of ways) is doing fantastically, started sleeping better during the night, I'm back to normal finally as it took a while recovering from my emergancy csection. Currently enjoying my time off work from the pub and I have started my own make up business after quitting ann summers at the beginning of my pregnancy.

Paige has started preschool and is on leaps and bounds, she's developing her own personality and is just wonderful seeing her learn new things and create friendships etc. I cannot believe she's almost 4!

I do hope your all well! I have often thought about the forum and what your all jabbering about, just never found myself making time, I'm sure I will now everything's back on track.

Take care x

• Upvote 10

Hi Pixie, we have certainly missed you and your posts, you've got a lot of catching up to do on Nottstalgia now. Glad you're getting stronger and fitter and getting out into the countryside now, well done!

Thank you! Took me a few weeks to get on my feet properly, and a couple of months to be discomfort free. I was so jealous of seeing friends have the same procedure and be up and about after a few days. Very frustrating but worth it now :)

Glad you're ok and back in the fold Pixie.

Welcome back Pixie, sorry to hear you had such a rough time with your pregnancy but glad to hear you are over the worst and that you and Evelyn are both well. My daughter had a very similar experience with her first baby. Looking forward to hearing about Evelyn reaching all those precious first milestones.

• Upvote 1

Good to have you back Pixie. My wife went through hell having our children. Apart from miscarriages, our first had Phoetal Distress as he was about to be born and had to be fetched out quickly and revived. As a result my wife had to have lots of stitches and was ill for some time. When son number two was conceived, she had trouble carrying him and he was born prem by weight (not time) and the midwife terrified me by giving him to me to hold - he was so tiny. Visit the barbers shop on Highbury Road Bulwell and see him. You wouldn't believe how tiny he was at birth.

My wife says it was all worth it. Although they are now grown up and with families of their own, she adores them.

• Upvote 3

Truly a love child - Valentine's day baby, (I married on Valentine's day 1970)..........Congratulations Xxx :congrats:

• Upvote 1

Bilbraborn, sorry to hear about your wife's experiences. With my first I had a great pregnancy, no problems but a difficult labour, she too had to be out quickly and I was in and out of hospital for a few weeks after.

Pregnancy with Evelyn was no end of problems, couldn't work past 13 weeks thanks to crippling spd, could barely walk, even had my partner pull me out the bath once when my hips locked, couldn't even indulge in some cake thanks to the gestational diabetes. Was iinduced two weeks early due to my placenta failing but she just wasn't budging. They couldn't believe I went through two full bags of hormone drip and she wasn't here, after an active painful labour for 29hours (only gas and air, DoD better than I thought I would!) I was whisked off to theatre. Not sure why but I sort of knew it'd end that way since the beginning, a gut feeling sort of thing. And while I felt so down about how she was born, and with the pregnancy as a whole, she was worth every second! and I'm certainly making up for not being mobile now!

Kids eh :) the things us women go through to bring them into the world!

Today she laughed for the first time, and cried at the same time because she was tired, my heart melted!

• Upvote 4