• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who never lusted over Jane Fonda in Barbarella

Need a vacation?

The Wicker Man

Two favourite 70's films with strong "cult" credentials.

Two Lane Blacktop (1971) - Counter culture road movie with unique film style (little dialogue). Features James Taylor and Dennis Wilson (Beach Boys).

Fat City (1972) - Downbeat earthy film directed by John Huston with Stacey Keach and Jeff Bridges. Backdrop of boxing at the bottom end of the game.

Watched a bit of Tarantino last night, "Kill Bill", silly movie but strangely enough enjoyed it again. Sorry not 60's though.

Uma Thurman makes it a good movie.

• 1 year later...
On 21/09/2016 at 8:37 PM, iandawson said:

Ultimate cult film, Z - from 1969..a must see movie!

I remember that film. It made a big impression on me at the time but I'm buggered if I can remember what it was all about. Something to do with a military coup in Latin America, or maybe southern Europe?

Not exactly cult AFAIK, but a few of the obscure and maybe 'unconventional' films from the 60s or thereabouts that I recall seeing.  Being mostly employed during the evening, Picko and I spent more time than we should at the cinema during the day.

'Every Home Should Have One' as mentioned above.  Some terrific gags, but overall not a great film.

Same applies to 'What's Good For The Goose'  with the highy improbable plot device of Norman Wisdom leaping up and down on a bed alongside a partially clothed Sally Geeson.

'Candy'  Just weird.

'Tha Family Way'

• 1 month later...

The Wild Bunch, The Long Riders, Thelma & Louise, Convoy, The Dirty Dozen, The Day of the Jackal, The Blue Max, Cross of Iron. 

• Upvote 1

Just remembered, The Professionals...... Lee Marvin and Bert Lancaster at their very best. 

Yes ! Sod the science fiction and the fantasy films, give me the 'real world'. Westerns, and anything with a good storyline.

"Melancholia"   Lars von Triar  (also did Breaking Waves which is worth a watch      

Two sisters find their already strained relationship challenged as a mysterious new planet threatens to collide with Earth.

• 2 years later...
On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2015 at 11:47 PM, Merthyr Imp said:

Getting back to the 1960s - The Italian Job.

It is 50 years this week since the original "Italian Job" was released. One of the best caper films ever made.

Who remembers the classic line "You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off"

1 hour ago, Oztalgian said:

It is 50 years this week since the original "Italian Job" was released. One of the best caper films ever made.

Who remembers the classic line "You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off"

• Like 1