• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You listened to a wireless not a radio Bald people wore a wig not a toupee or hairpiece You went to the seaside not the coast You went on holiday not a vacation You got tablets from a chemist not a ph

Sunglasses only when sunny and definitely not indoors. Hats too should be worn only outside. It pees me off when 'singers and actors ' are interviewed in the tv studio and wear a hat. Ignorant in th

And log rhythms, I thought that's what lumberjacks sang.

• 1 year later...

Jean Morton of Tingha and Tucker was born in London to parents from near to my place here in Caithness; a small fishing village called Lybster on the East Coast.  Although technically Scottish, she never really took to the land and spent much of her adult life in Ibiza where she lived with her husband.

Woomerang! Boomerang!

Remember when we used to go ice skating on ponds and the canal. Martins pond and Iremongers pond were the usual places. Even the Trent froze a bit near the banks in the 50's..

There was a marquee set up some Winters on University lake for the skaters refreshments and music.. 

Back in the very cold winter of 63 all the ponds in the old gravel workings in the Trent Valley were hard frozen over and people were skating on the ice. I walked to the centre of a large pond, about 150 yards  diameter. There was a loud cracking sound. I have never moved so fast in all my life!

I seem to have had more than my fair share. I remember getting accused for the explosion that destroyed the advanced chemistry lab back in the lower 6th. form. There were a few who lost hair and eyebrows but I ducked and felt the shockwaves pass over me. The lab took 6 months to rebuild. I can honestly say that although I knew the cause I was in no way to blame. This has been the story of my life!

• Upvote 1

Cor,I wish I had been responsible for blowing up the chemistry lab when I was at school,I take my hat off to you Phil

Rog

Maths departments are more difficult to blow up as they don't usually contain the right materials. Chemistry labs, on the other hand, have a plethora of ways and means - but as I said "it wasn't me" and anyway Mellish has since been properly demolished and all the evidence destroyed!