• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been having a browse through the archives and it does seem that the "Like Option" has been used far more since around the end of 2013. Definately since 2014. Perhaps it is because we are such a

There are people with lots of 'Likes' and newer members with not so many. What I did notice today was that at least one member has a very good ratio. MargieH currently on: 578 posts 3 topics Re

Well done Margie. You have great things to say. It is important to say so when we like things. In our society today there is too much criticism, target setting and "must do better" culture. It is go

Well done Margie, good to see well-deserved recognition. :)

The trick is to get the right balance between quantity and quality.

So what's the secret then, Cliff Ton, and what would be regarded as say, a 'good' performance for the average member?

I should say, the only targets here are,

post about 'Nottstalgia'

Be nice

Enjoy the good company here.

• Upvote 5

for a while I thought 'ello, this sounds like targets,

Yes I know about workplace targets/performance monitoring.

Now please do a quick self evaluation report and submit it, in triplicate, in a timely manner.

Yes I know about workplace targets/performance monitoring.

Now please do a quick self evaluation report and submit it, in triplicate, in a timely manner.

Yessir! Three bags full.....anything else while I'm at it? :laugh:

• Upvote 1

Brush and backside spring to mind. LOL

• 4 weeks later...

LizzieM #24: Was Carlton-le-Willows Grammar School such a prestigious educational establishment? I know I was always thought to be "posh" by my Colwick friends, but honestly I detested the place! We got off to a bad start - on the very first day, when the first lesson started, the teacher came in the room, and said something on the lines of "I know you're new here, but when a teacher comes into the classroom, you're meant to stand up"!! That, and referring to us boys by our surnames. ClW was run up on the cheap to house us baby-boomers, and yet it was run as if it were a minor public school. No wonder I wanted to leave at 16, but I stayed on reluctantly and did my A levels. Then I couldn't wait to escape. To get off the treadmill, I didn't want to go to uni either. When I did a year later, it was another 3 years of treadmill!

BTW I see you are online at 00:30 like me - are you another night person?

Yes, I'm a night-owl too. Quite a few of us are ...... we have to keep the likes of Trevor S and Banjo company down in Oz!

I loved school and really didn't want to leave when the time came. But it was my choice as I wanted to be earning money to buy clothes, go on holidays and enjoy the 60's club scene. My parents couldn't have afforded to keep me in that lifestyle!!

• Upvote 4

I've just accidentally come across this topic today and was gobsmacked to see my name in several posts. Thank you to everyone who was so complimentary, but I hope it isn't a competition to get the highest percentage score. I'm not competitive AT ALL and usually shrink from being in the spotlight! Now I've read these posts, I might just go underground for a bit........ xx

• Upvote 2

I've just realised why I'd not come across this topic before today.... we went on holiday for a week on May 23 and it had finished by the time we got back!!

Michael, I won't go underground, then - just scratch about on the surface for a bit..

• 1 month later...