There are people with lots of 'Likes' and newer members with not so many.

What I did notice today was that at least one member has a very good ratio.

MargieH currently on:

• 578 posts
  • 3 topics

That is an excellent result. Congratulations MargieH

• Upvote 5
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been having a browse through the archives and it does seem that the "Like Option" has been used far more since around the end of 2013. Definately since 2014. Perhaps it is because we are such a

There are people with lots of 'Likes' and newer members with not so many. What I did notice today was that at least one member has a very good ratio. MargieH currently on: 578 posts 3 topics Re

Well done Margie. You have great things to say. It is important to say so when we like things. In our society today there is too much criticism, target setting and "must do better" culture. It is go

Thank you Cliff....... LOL

ooohhhh, keep forgetting the likes, so i like you all, i like all the posts, i like mick2me hello sailor, try to remember in future, like to thank all the likeable folk on site who like what i have put in, likeable thats me

• Upvote 3

#2,

Now I know Cliff Ton why you have never given me a 'Like'

ME an'all Robbie,even tried bribery,all to no avail, lol.

I have been having a browse through the archives and it does seem that the "Like Option" has been used far more since around the end of 2013. Definately since 2014. Perhaps it is because we are such a happy friendly lot on Nottstalgia that we like to make each other feel a bit special, so we take every opportunity to spread a little happiness! I use the Like option when it's true. Certainly not if I don't actually like the post! Well done Margie.

slywink

• Upvote 6

#2, Now I know Cliff Ton why you have never given me a 'Like'

.....even though half your photos are coming off my Photobucket :P

As terence12 says in #5, I tend to forget the Like button exists, but I guarantee it doesn't mean I hate everything.

I think there have been a lot more Likes for comments since our young Melissa joined us ........ she being more used to Facebooking. However, it's nice and like Carni, I will give a Like to comments and photos that I appreciate for their content or humour.

• Upvote 5

The most prolific posters are the word and song games thereby their likes will not be so numerous.

Some just post likeable comments though and gain likes accordingly.

It all makes for good fun though.

• Upvote 1

Cliff Ton, What do you mean half my photos off your Photobucket? Am I uploading my photos onto your photobucket in error?

Do you recall that in the early days of your posting, you had a problem with exceeding bandwith? Your photos had been too large and Photobucket were sending you warning messages. You couldn't edit the original posts due to the time limit on this site, so I re-sized the large ones to enable you to continue to use Photobucket. Those which I resized are coming from my Photobucket. Anything you've posted since then is coming from your own Pbucket, so you're ok now :excl:

Yes I agree, the most prolific posts are mainly on the Games threads, but that is good because it shows how much enjoyment that some of us are getting from them. Also some people do just post about pleasing things, but if that is their style, I find that most enjoyable as well.

Life is to short to waste time being objectionable just for the sake of it. I'm pretty sure that most people, me included, would soon speak up if need be. But. Hey. We are all on here to have fun and to learn about the History of our City and its people.. Two of the main things that I enjoy about Nottstalgia. :)

• Upvote 4

The Games such as word association proved popular.

People who return to play them also read and post.

The words add to our Google rating.

• Upvote 1

#15,

I do recall Cliff Ton and as I said at the time I was once again very grateful for you getting me out of a mess, It's just that your post #11 inferred to me that my photos were still coming from your photobucket account, obviously I got it wrong, sorry.

BTW my post of #2 was purely in jest, no offence intended. It is of no real consequence to me if I do or don't get any 'Likes'.

It's what I get from this site and what I can give back to this site are the important things to me.

• Upvote 3

mmmm #5, tried to put a like on me own #5 post, of course you can't, but i like meself, i like the wife, i like me car, BUT, i REALLY REALLY like you all, all my likes, terry

• Upvote 3

Carlton-le-Willows Grammar School old girl ....... What would you expect from such a prestigious educational establishment.

😀😀😀😀

Well done Margie

• Upvote 2