• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been having a browse through the archives and it does seem that the "Like Option" has been used far more since around the end of 2013. Definately since 2014. Perhaps it is because we are such a

There are people with lots of 'Likes' and newer members with not so many. What I did notice today was that at least one member has a very good ratio. MargieH currently on: 578 posts 3 topics Re

Well done Margie. You have great things to say. It is important to say so when we like things. In our society today there is too much criticism, target setting and "must do better" culture. It is go

Looking back on the old threads, nobody 'liked' anything, now we like lots of things, I'm sure Facebook has a lot to do with that.

• Upvote 3

Me thinks some folk should get out more often Kev

Rog

(wonder what sort of comments we would get if there was a dislike button)

No comment. !!!!! LOL

• 6 years later...
1 hour ago, radfordred said:

I know some thrive off it, but don't you it's time the like/up-vote button was disabled, if only for a few weeks/months :shout:

For what reason? What will it achieve?

Knowing your fondness for generating controversy, perhaps we should have, as has been mentioned, a dislike button.

A 'like' is a way for readers to acknowledge and agree with a post or sentiment without burning up screen acreage with words that simply say the same as the OP.

There is much to criticise in the blame culture we live in at the moment. but moaning about liking a post? Gimme a break.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Even if we wanted to get rid of it, that can only be done by someone with Admin powers, and they are thin on the ground these days.

A Dislike button has always been available in the software, but has never been activated. You can imagine the aggro that would cause.

A bit like the Quora site where they use a 'thumbs up/down emoji, the arguments go on for ages...

28 minutes ago, Brew said:

A 'like' is a way for readers to acknowledge and agree with a post or sentiment without burning up screen acreage with words that simply say the same as the OP.

Precisely.

And if someone doesn't like a post, just ignore it and move on to the next. No need to make a song and dance about it.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

I only gave him a like just to help stir up the argument! :biggrin:

In that case,  I hope the hump on your back falls off and breaks your ankles!     pieinface

• Like 1