Liverpool - Things to do.

It certainly is a good pub. I've spent many an evening in there with workmates.

They have a very good and well kept range of beers and a massive range of bottled beers available n their 'Ship in a Bottle' shop in nearby Whitechapel.

http://independent-liverpool.co.uk/ship-in-a-bottle/#.VvwCPjHQNPk

However, I waited almost an hour for a burger one lunch time when there was hardly anyone in. Not impressed by that.

Several other excellent pubs on Dale Street.

Dave Pickering is coming up from Nottm. tomorrow, so we'll be having a few, after sensibly grabbing a bite somewhere first. We usually have a couple in the Crocodile in Harrison Street, a short distance from the Cavern. http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/the-crocodile-liverpool Mercifully no Karaoke on Thursday afternoons... :)

Col

My old business partner from Nottm, often spends weekends in Liverpool, met up with him last time in Nottm and he and his wife said they love to go there as there is so much to see and do.

I've only ever driven through it once many years ago and that was it.

Starting to catalogue a new must see/do "bucket list" for when I visit UK again, trying to get my wife interested in maybe a week on the canals in a canal boat, but as she hates water it's a hard slog ! she hates the long haul flights too !

Smack him for me too. LOL

• Upvote 1

Just had a qyery from my bro Phil who still lives in Nottm. His mate is going to see the Gormley statues. (Called 'Another Place') which are installed on the beach at Crosby.

Well worth a trip up the Dock Rd to a little way North of the city. Straightforward enough and well signposted if driving. I'd imagine bus and/or train/taxi is also reasonable.

Took this a few years back.

21146606178_f47df7008e_c.jpgCrosby15March09 088 by

And this:

21147381269_aa55363da5_c.jpgCrosby15March09 062 by

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...