Serrie here. I've been knocking about this city since 1950, lived everywhere from St Anne's and Radford in the fifties, to Clifton in the sixties, West Bridgford in the seventies, left and came back in the nineties, and settled around Mapperley area.

Worked everywhere from a tiny engineering workshop in an ex stable on Union Rd, through Boots Beeston and Station St, Plessy, Raleigh and since coming back in the nineties, various colleges and Universities. It's been a very varied and interesting journey with lots of memories of a city which seems to have changed beyond recognition from the sooty buildings, raincoat and snap bag, bike clips, headscarves and woollen swimming trunks, Armour Star corn beef dinners and chips in newspaper, open or wrapped.

Happy to help with gaps in your memories, or personal experiences of places and past trends. Old haunts include The Dungeon, Ad Lib, Beachcomber, Union, Boat, Brit, Flying Horse, Bell, Yates, Playhouse Bar.

• Upvote 6

Welcome serrie, our paths must have crossed too. Same haunts.

Welcome to Nottstalgia Serrie. It looks like you have led a very varied and interesting life and will have a lot to contribute to this wonderful site.

I will concur with Lizzie and FLY2 that our paths may have crossed in the past as I too frequented all those places mentioned.

Welcome to Nottstalgia Serrie.

Used to work in the Playhouse bar, late 70's.

Wow! I certainly feel welcome here. What a great gang to be in. Cliff, Serrie or Serry comes from Sirrah, which is quite a derogatory term used to hail a man of low birth or reputation, or for a young-un who has not yet made much of himself. In my youth, Serrie or Serreh was a greeting between lads of a certain demeanor.

Substitute alreet Serreh, for yo bro, and you'll get the idea.

• Upvote 1