Sleepless nights?... Need something to kill the time.

Heres something to study, It will either hypnotise you or you will get the message?

what_zpsdhjenlld.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

One good point about waking up early for me is that at this time of the year(if it's not raining) I can be down the allotment by 05 30/06 00 and get most of what needs doing before anyone else arrives

That means I water all my stuff before anyone else needs the tap(there are three for our allotment of 20 allotments)

• Upvote 1

Radio 4 Extra can be good to listen to in the night but recently they've broadcast a dramatization of 'Les Miserables' in I don't know how many parts over I don't know how many nights. It's certainly miserable! noblue

• Upvote 1

Think it's a fact of older age, we need less sleep.

Not much fun at 4-00am but hey at least we woke up !

Someone somewhere maybe didn't.

I wake every morning now at around 2-00am for a call of nature, then again at 4-00am, then it's a catnap till maybe 6-00. if I'm lucky.

Get to see some great sunrises anyway, and the extra hours awake is I suppose a bonus.

• Upvote 3

We always have the window open so it's usually the sound of birdsong that wakes me up.

For obvious reasons we wake later in the winter months.

A friend of mine tried setting his alarm for an hour earlier that he was waking up (say 3am)

This way he found that if he switched off the alarm (half asleep) he then went back to sleep for another three hours or more.

He swears by this method, but after a bit he found that his body started waking up earlier than the alarm. He had to keep setting it earlier and earlier but eventually he couldn't get to sleep when he went to bed !

It's a bit like trying to flatten out that bubble in the wallpaper, no matter how much you chase it around it's going to stop somewhere. I suppose sleep (as you get older) is similar to the bubble and the amount of sleep we need is just moved around to a different time.

Interesting subject.

• Upvote 2

I'm awake most mornings before five.(04 30 today)

It's better than not waking up at all ;)

HOW VERY TRUE.......

It helps "IF" you have a view, I've done it at my first wife's sister's in Crete with the help of a carafe of the local wine :)

But there it was always nice watching the world go to sleep or wake up ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Currently awake, again. Fall asleep on the sofa every night around 10ish - so Rockwell n roll - and im up again from around 1. Ill prob go back to sleep at around half 3 then start my day at 7.