To all you Billy Fury Fans out there including new fan (Melissa) It seems that a new film about his life is going to be made. Great news for his fans.

Sorry, I got the Link wrong. Bill Turnbull BBC news this morning! kickme lol

• Upvote 3

Billy Fury did it for me in the 1960's, he sang about the stars, just my cup of tea.......Romantic to say the least and what a voice........................

• Upvote 3

I hope that the film isn't just a collection of TV and news items with people saying how wonderful he was. I'd like it to be a true story of his life with plenty of songs merged into the film. I'm a big fan of Billy Fury and I hope the film does him justice, he deserves it. He had a hit with 'I'd Never Find Another You'. I'm sure we'll all agree that we've never found another Billy Fury....and never will.

• Upvote 3

Billy Fury to me was like the British Elvis. People copied his dress sense..look at Martin Fry- his live performances were amazing..only one act "live" nearly came close to Billy..Mr Gallagher.

• 7 months later...

That's a brilliant picture Micheal; some real favorites on there. We had the pleasure of seeing Billy Fury and Marty Wilde (separately) playing around the West Mids, late 70s early 80s and they were still great. At that time; you could tell Billy was not well, but his voice was still great. I got both autographs but I can't locate them. I think they must be in my box of old singles. Must have a good root around in here, see what I can find!

• Upvote 2

Did someone mention 'Billy Fury' - now your talkin, I just loved that guy back in the early 60's...........made my knees turn to jelly and my heart beat faster.........he always sang about love and the stars, could listen to him forever as he never made a bad record...........I shall certainly be watching his film.........

• Upvote 2

To all you Billy Fury Fans out there including new fan (Melissa) It seems that a new film about his life is going to be made. Great news for his fans.

You may have already seen this, but there's a DVD of Billy Fury's life and times. I saw it at Fopp in Broad Marsh today, but you can get it on Amazon. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Billy-Fury-Sound-DVD/dp/B00TKFENJU/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1454066291&sr=1-1&keywords=billy+fury

• Upvote 1