• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Carnaby Street in 1966 at the height of swinging London. We were on holiday at the time and my dad just took a few street scenes. All the people are pedestrians who just happened to be there. That

A few more from the same visit which included Carnaby Street and Heathrow. Trafalgar Square; no idea what the event was. Not much chance these days of getting an E-Type and a Cadillac in the same

100 plus pages of photos using search term "Nottingham" http://archive.historicengland.org.uk/results/Results.aspx?t=Quick&l=all&cr=nottingham&io=True&page=1

Ooooh yes please Robbie. Looking forward to them all. If I don't know the places in the Pics, it doesn't matter because it's just great to look back at different places and decades. I'm just working my way through the Link that David put on in #1. I'm trying not to rush through them so I don't miss anything.

Great Stuff. :)

• Upvote 1

Carnaby Street in 1966 at the height of swinging London. We were on holiday at the time and my dad just took a few street scenes. All the people are pedestrians who just happened to be there.

Carnaby1.jpg

That Austin Healey would be worth a bit now.

Carnaby2.jpg

• Upvote 6

Cliff Ton

That's a great photo of Carnaby Street. Although I have heard so much about this famous street of the 60's its actually the only photo I have ever seen, now l know what it looked like....thanks.

• Upvote 2

Great Pics Robbie, I particularly like the one of Warwick,. When the Children were small, Warwick Castle was one of the places we would visit a couple of times a year. Your Picture brought back some happy memories for me.

This is the Baddeley Clock at Bowness - or to be accurate on the boundary between Bowness and Windermere in the Lake District. It was built in 1907 as a memorial to a writer of an early guide book to the area. Photo was taken in September 1995.

Bowness20Setpember201995_zpsaauhsumw.jpg

• Upvote 2

Cliff Ton

That's a great photo of Carnaby Street. Although I have heard so much about this famous street of the 60's its actually the only photo I have ever seen, now l know what it looked like....thanks.

Pity my dad isn't still around to discover that his casual efforts 50 years ago are attracting more attention than he would've imagined !

If you have anymore of your dad's 'casual efforts' Cliff Ton I wouldn't mind seeing them. I could look at those sort of photographs all day long.

I don't know if you are aware but street scenes on a casual ad hoc basis is my style of photography. I am happy as Larry if I have buildings/people/vehicles all unaware that they are being photographed.

Not a Boeing in sight!

Here's a couple from me taken two years earlier. I seem to remember it was from what they called the 'Waving Base'. I travelled there with my father to what was then the end of the Piccadilly Line at Hounslow West then by a connecting bus.

I remember while we were there about half a dozen members of the Doug Sheldon fan club arrived to great their hero off a plane 'We want Doug!'. Not the best known of British pop singers, but I think he turned up on Ready Steady Go on one occasion.

London20Airport20August201964202_zps7czg

This must have been looking in the other direction. As Brian Johnston might have said, it almost looks as if there were more cars there than people.

London20Airport20August201964_zps2favdys

#22. Ah, the Vickers Vanguard. Flew in one of those from Hucknall (G-APET) - yes, really did.