• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Carnaby Street in 1966 at the height of swinging London. We were on holiday at the time and my dad just took a few street scenes. All the people are pedestrians who just happened to be there. That

A few more from the same visit which included Carnaby Street and Heathrow. Trafalgar Square; no idea what the event was. Not much chance these days of getting an E-Type and a Cadillac in the same

100 plus pages of photos using search term "Nottingham" http://archive.historicengland.org.uk/results/Results.aspx?t=Quick&l=all&cr=nottingham&io=True&page=1

Cliff ton That photo of York immediately made me think "Nottingham could have had something like this in the shape of Drury Hill".

I have been saying that since the day it was destroyed. That and all the other historic features of that area. I believe there was a time when Long Stairs was the only way into the 'then' town. All the caves ... the many industries .... arghh!

It's pointless. They have never cared and never will. It's all about money and greed.

The irony is that Nottingham could have had the most prolific and profitable tourist industry outside London.

Even the architect of Broad Marsh was eventually to proclaimed that "if he had known" he would never have done it.

• Upvote 2

A view up Steep Hill in Lincoln in December 1994. I suspect the lamp post was deliberately placed at that angle to make things look more picturesque. Sorry to see on a recent visit that Reader's Rest bookshop on the left has now closed down.

Lincoln20December201994203_zps7bganbka.j

• Upvote 1

Don't know why I liked the cemetery photo but, to me, it has a certain beauty about it