1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

i  have to have everything Symmetrical..

Take heart Ben you're not on your own. My dearly beloved is the same and it's not me who slightly moves stuff to see if she notices... honest!

• Like 1
  • Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I strongly suggest anyone thinking of 'Adopting'' a Kitten don;t.....   Have two instead.........Babs and Syd are giving us so much pleasure in these 'Lockdown' times..........they playfight

#11 Just for you Fly.

I love cats....we lost ours through mouth cancer last March, it was devastating, we had her for years, I will never own another, to heartbreaking when they pass away................I am feeding a very

I like ornaments etc to be positioned in an aesthetically pleasing way (to me) usually in threes, but they are never in a straight line and definitely not symmetrical!

• Like 1

Margie i think my Symmetrical system is best...........don't forget i have a certificate for it.........:crazy:

Ben, we’ll have to agree to differ!

Asymmetrical designs aren't identical, but do have some similar properties, such as color, height or design style. This type of placement doesn't use equal balancing. In fact, odd numbers work best for added interest. A grouping of three vases that are different heights, shapes and sizes, but all have the same color palette and design style, makes a good asymmetrical grouping. Asymmetrical designs are great for casual and informal décors.

• Like 1

Not really, Phil.

I just like groups of 3 objects together.  When I put them together in just the right position, it just looks and feels right 

Isn’t that more to do with Japanese flower arranging?  I don’t like cut flowers much these days.  Love seeing them in the garden but feel I’m killing them if I cut them!  I much prefer a gift of an indoor plant to a bunch of flowers!    (And chocolates are even better .... lol)

5 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Ben likes symmetry so I think we should give him a Rorschach Test.  Could be interesting!

Must admit Jill never heard of this test...........so read up on it...

Must admit i'm still non the wiser..

I didn't go to Manning you know.....

Ben you went to Henry Whipple the same as me, the only "ink blot test" we took was when we tried to write with those silly pens and ink wells given to us by the teachers. My fingers always  appeared to be permanently stained until I had my own fountain pen.

• Like 1

Same here Trogg.........even harder for lefties like me....the nibs were wrong way round...............

• Like 1

It would have set the cat among the pigeons if they'd let you into Manning, Ben!  Some of the female teachers were more masculine than those boxers you used to know!

As to the Rorschach Test, you just tell the psychiatrist what they make you think of.

"That one looks like, Trina!  This one reminds me of Katrina! Ah, there's Sharon...and that's Margaret. Who could forget her?"

Conclusion? Patient is obsessed with women! :Shock:.  I could have told them that! :P:Kiss:

• Like 3

I strongly suggest anyone thinking of 'Adopting'' a Kitten don;t.....

Have two instead.........Babs and Syd are giving us so much pleasure in these 'Lockdown' times..........they playfight a few times a day and their leaping is so funny........they chew each other and if one gets too rough they apologise by licking each other..........they are brother and sister and nearly died together up in Hartlepool when they were under a Garden shed after being born for 3 weeks......

They obviously love us now and each other and spend hours grooming each other,,,even Babs climbs on my knee and we rub noses and she 'Purrs'' in contentment.........

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Wise words, Ben!  Far better to adopt two litter mates than one kitten and then introduce another cat later on.  Just as with people, the introduction of another cat to an established number can change the dynamics completely.  It's not always possible but if someone knows they want more than one moggie, litter mates is the best solution.

As to Syd and Babs, they're very lucky Moggies! 

• Like 1

The Lady in Hartlepool who rescued them  who we had them off......is over the moon as to how they have settled...she thought Babs especially never would....she's like you Jill very much a lover of Cats.......she rescued 7 inc the mother from under the shed.........she kept the mother and one kitten..............and found homes for all the others ..Syd and Babs being the last.....she actually drove down to us just to bring them.....

• Like 2

Babs had first visit to Vets today........Syd refused to go,,,,

Had first injection etc.......behaved and was purring with the Vet..

Try to get Syd in to see her later today...........

When wife took Babs....Syd was beside himself with worry...and on Babs return he was licking her all over........

Think shes told him to behave and go this afternoon.........

• Upvote 2