• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I strongly suggest anyone thinking of 'Adopting'' a Kitten don;t.....   Have two instead.........Babs and Syd are giving us so much pleasure in these 'Lockdown' times..........they playfight

#11 Just for you Fly.

I love cats....we lost ours through mouth cancer last March, it was devastating, we had her for years, I will never own another, to heartbreaking when they pass away................I am feeding a very

Just been out mowing leaves up off the lawn, and as usual, within ten minutes, three of my neighbours cats came round and rolled around on the patio until I gave them their daily treat of biscuits. Magic ! 

• Like 3

They're ALL irresistible, especially when they lay on their backs and expect their tummies tickled. Then stand on their hind legs as I pat their heads !

• Like 2

This was my cat "Rippers" Siamese sealpoint, a most faithful and vocal little fella,he used to lay across my shoulders when I settled down in the chair and purr away all night, I really do miss him

Rip_2.jpg

Rog

• Like 3

We inherited him when my sister in law died,I think he was thirteen years old then but we had five lovely years with him and hopefully he had five lovely years with us

Rog

• Like 2

IMG_20171121_192517_zpsbrjqdnt2.png?w=48

Sooty lived with friends of a friend. They moved abroad and Sooty went to live with the friends. They moved to a rented house where no pets were allowed, so he came to us.

IMG_20171121_193114_zpsk3f3desw.png?w=48

Sooty got into a scrap one day.

After 4 years he brought me a dead bird, so I know we were at last accepted.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Our cat Pix has been chasing his own tail again, SWMBO says "he's a clever boy!" No he's not, he's totally stupid, we don't have to worry about cats taking over the world if they're all as daft as him, lol... He's going berserk now & charging round the lounge, lol...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone remember this little fella from the 70's, we had a cat we called Bagpuss,BP for short, lovely small tabby,very caring where small children was

P1060483.jpg

Rog

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Just took our Pix to the vets for his annual check up & jabs: He's a bit over weight at over 5 Kg's the fat bloater. He's whinging & moaning wanting grub as I type this but I've told him he's got to cut down. The vet nurse was hugging & loving him, I was jealous as she's gorgeous, she didn't hug & love me, sulk.. 

• Like 2

I've just been doing a few hours weeding and light digging in the garden but one of our cats wanted to be with me and he kept flopping down on top of the plants, mostly strawberries.  I kept shooing him off but he kept coming back and rolling on top of everything.  I expect he'll probably use the freshly dug earth as a loo later....

Don't you just love 'em...

• Like 2

Took my 2 varmints to the vets yesterday for their annual check up and jabs. Wallace, or chubby as he is known, weighs 17lb, Gromit 14lb. It wasn't that long ago that there was only 1/2lb difference! Vet didn't seem overly bothered by tubby's girth. Wallace is everyone's friend, greets folks at the door, jumps in their laps, and was rubbing round the vet all the time there. Vet says, I want a cat just like this when the dogs have died. I laughed and said, that's not very nice, and said, that's what my wife says! Gromit spends all the time in the vets office figuring out where he can hide and tries squeezing behind anything he can fit in. They are so opposite. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, katyjay said:

.....They are so opposite. 

Our mother and son are very different from each other.  The son is huge but is very nervous of new people and funny noises, but is very pushy (he's a head butter)  with us an demands attention all the time.  

His mother is small and not worried at all about new people coming in the house.  She is, however, very unpredictable - one day she will be very insistent that she wants to sit on my lap whatever I'm doing and won't leave me alone, and another day, she just glares at me and shrinks away when I try and stroke her.  I suppose you could say she is just a moody cat sometimes!

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Our barmy cat Pix had come in his cat flap in the back door & then wanted to go out the front door, so I let him out. He just come in his cat flap & wants to go out the front again, he must think I'm flipping daft..

The other day we were getting the washing in & Shadow-cat from next door snook in & stole every atom of Pix's crunchies we leave down for him. Shadow-cat is a great big fat thing but very friendly & lovable. We're looking after him next week so he'll be round our's staring at the cat food cupboard like he did last time  they were on hols. They're thinking of immigrating to Australia & said we can have him if they do. They're going to Brisbane to sound things out in July...

• Like 2

Well next door went to Mabo yesterday & Shadow-cat has been round here with us all day, only time he went round home was when he came with us to check on mail & food & water for the two budgies..... You're right Rog Pix & Now Shadow-cat rule the roost in this house, lol..

• Like 1

Tabby-cat from across the footpath has come in the open front window & is swanning around our house as though he lives here, our Pix in on the half landing & doesn't know he's in, there'll be trouble if/when he finds out. My wife Sue was yabbering to his owner earlier on, they recently moved here from Bradford. Now Shadow-cat from next door has come in as well, we have a house full of cats but only one is ours, lol...