• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I strongly suggest anyone thinking of 'Adopting'' a Kitten don;t.....   Have two instead.........Babs and Syd are giving us so much pleasure in these 'Lockdown' times..........they playfight

#11 Just for you Fly.

I love cats....we lost ours through mouth cancer last March, it was devastating, we had her for years, I will never own another, to heartbreaking when they pass away................I am feeding a very

You are correct Red...........many on here love Cats.......i'll start another Cat thread and call it Pussy's   :rolleyes:

Edit        or in future use this one,,what you think ?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, philmayfield said:

I’ve always wanted a Maine Coon but our other cats don’t! Are we allowed to say Maine Coon?

I don't think so in these woke times if this is anything to go by.

There has been a brand of Cheddar cheese called Coon in Australia since 1935. It was named after its American creator Edward William Coon who patented the Cooning method of fast maturing cheese. Following the BLM campaigns of this year the maker has said it will be renaming the cheese due to concern over a racial slur. What ballcocks!

A new name has not been decided as yet. Any suggestions?

Just an update on Syd and Babs.......as i write this Syd is halfway up our 8 foot Xmas Tree removing all the Baubles....Syd has really settled loves Donna to bits is also OK with me,,

Babs is very slow to come out of her shell...but approached and rubbed her head on Donna and was 'Purring''  that was this morning...so

making progress,,,,,,,,,

Edit      Babs joined Syd up the tree...very funny watching em........

• Like 4

I've noticed that male cats tend to form closer relationships with female humans and female cats with male humans. Certainly,  with my own cats, the males have always been more affectionate than the females who tend to be more aloof.

Babs will come round, Ben.  Perhaps she's waiting for you to ask her to dance!

• Like 1

Ben, reading about Syd shinning up your Christmas tree, I thought this picture is appropriate (sorryit's not a ginger)

IMG-0761.jpg

• Like 2

Might be, Phil. I've had a number of female cats, all of them lovely but far more distant than males.  I've also noticed that females tend to be far more intelligent than males (I'm talking cats here but I could cite parallel species!). Females are very clever at working out problems and seem to be able to predict what you're going to do next. I'm sure that's down to their observation skills. Generally, although I've met exceptions, male cats don't do this.

Syd and Babs chasing each other round the house...Syd dead cheeky nicked me Toast off my plate took it to Babs to share....

Babs coming out of shell ..comes near me without spitting and hissing...still wont let me touch her though   ........

• Like 3

One time, we had a dog and cat at the same time. I was watching the pair of buggers one day and the cat jumped on the sideboard, onto the top of the fish tank and knocked off the tin of fish food. The dog then proceeded to take off the lid so that they both could share the contents. I would have given a Kings ransom for a digital camera then.