Nice article Jill         The first Cat me and Donna had together was adopted,,,,,One night walking back from the local this lovely black Cat followed us,,,getting home we fed it...........then it left thru the window....over the next few weeks the same thing kept happening,,,i had seen it during the day at a house about 10 doors away and realised it must live there.....

So she split her time between our house and her real home 10 doors away......Then after about 6 months of this we were moving we didnt intend on taking her with us,,,our stuff was loaded on the removal Van and i was putting some odds and ends in my car  when she meowed at me and jumped in the car,,,she seemed to know we were leaving and made her mind up to come with us..........

She was a beautiful furry black...even though a female we named her Tom,,,,we had her about 15 years and we think she just went off to Die.......loved our Tom.........

• Like 1
  • Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I strongly suggest anyone thinking of 'Adopting'' a Kitten don;t.....   Have two instead.........Babs and Syd are giving us so much pleasure in these 'Lockdown' times..........they playfight

#11 Just for you Fly.

I love cats....we lost ours through mouth cancer last March, it was devastating, we had her for years, I will never own another, to heartbreaking when they pass away................I am feeding a very

Syd and Babs have put the finishing touch to our home that we moved into 18 months ago......

Wev'e spent most of the morning laughing just watching them Racing about the place,,play fighting..........You can tell they are happy cats,,,even Babs is now coming to me...........

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Is it Syd or Sid?  There seems to be a difference of opinion.... not that it matters as they both sound the same.

• Like 1

SYD   Margie............Donna spells it SID            think Syd is Posher

Just looked on Wikie ..and they use both Syd and Sid ....for Mr James

who hes named after.......

• Like 1

Soaking my foot which holds the ingrowing Toe Nail

Along came Syd Peering into the Bowl....even though Water very hot,,.. he is so curious he dips a Paw in...Obviously likes it and starts splashing with both Paws in it....

Then decides this is good and even puts back legs in and has a good wash.........never seen a Cat do that,,,he clearly enjoyed it............

• Like 1

Misread that, initially. Thought you'd said peeing in the bowl!!

He's certainly unusual if he likes water.  He's not a Norwegian Forest Cat, is he? They love it, as do Turkish Vans.

My darling Spocky, who passed on almost 10 years ago, fell into the bath one evening as we were getting ready to go out. He was only a kitten. He walked along the edge and slipped. I have a photo of me all dressed up for the evening with a drenched Spocky on my lap, wrapped in a bath towel!

The expression on his face says, "Please don't show this to anyone!" So I won't but I have it in a frame on the wall.  Such a. Character, our Spock!

• Like 1

Sorry bot got to give you another update on Syd and Babs....

Donna buys em sumat everytime she goes out to shops..she's just returned with a 3ft long x 1 ft diameter ''Furry Tunnel'' they are diving in and out already..........dead funny............

• Like 2

Yes Jill...ive been telling her from day one.........Syd also i love.but he is pushing his luck......Wife set all my Pills out for me before going out......on the table........he has scattered them all over....and i can't find my Lansoprazole  anywhere....

Think hes eaten it......At least he won't be getting Acid Reflux''   lol

I doubt Syd has eaten it. Dogs, yes. Cats? They just play football with pills. He's probably knocked it under the furniture.

Mine occasionally knock my thyroxine tablets on the floor but I've never known them eat one.

Quick update..........Syd and Babs completely in love with Donna....follow her from room to room......she woke this morning to Syd purring in one ear and Babs on her chest.....Happy Cats

• Like 2

Cats have now taken to sitting in the window,,,they were fascinated watching the snow coming down...........

Plus they disturb my artistic window dressing by moving even the heavy ornaments.....Donna put them all back but she has no idea of 'SYMMETRY'' i  have to have everything Symmetrical........ocd i think...........

• Upvote 1